Thread Missing

Notices

Thread Missing

Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Re: Thread Missing

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I think he was really upset because the porta pot wasn't the correct one for the boat.
It seemed that the color, blue I think, did not go with his decorating theme. Important if your time is to be spent dockside because what you bought won't run.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Important if your time is to be spent dockside because what you bought won't run.
that would suck but that was funny

I don't know if he should have been banned...maybe a timeout. He did have some valid issues.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dean51267
brother you are EVERYWHERE - I am going to start calling you OSO WHORE.....

The worst part, everywhere I go I see you there......

If you get anyworse yo uwill be as bad as ME!!!!

yep...I like to see what's going on with everyone...

also I'm working on my 1000's post before the end of the month.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

I got tired of his griping and saying how OSO failed him. We gave him plenty of advise before he purchased and he came back here not only bashing the dealer but telling us that OSO failed him. Why would anybody be in such a rush to buy a boat "today" and then fork out the cash sight unseen? That is just asking for trouble and he was warned and was advised prior to the sale. He told us all about how successful he was in his Ferrari dealership but had no idea how to look over a boat that was purchased. He wanted the boat cheap and there is always a reason that the seller will let something go below market value. If you went to his Ferrari dealership and saw a particular model that was 15-20% less than comparable ones elsewhere, what would you think? I was more that willing to help him source items that he may need regardless of how the boat was purchased but when he came on here and started mouthing off this last time, I had no use for him. I believe that he got what he paid for (including a trailer that he even stated at one point was a freebie in the deal). If he had not bashed the dealer publicly just hours after picking up the boat, he may have received some assistance from the dealer. I do believe the dealer offered some assistance early on until the bashing was too extreme. Why was he in such a rush and then wait a month or more to pick it up? Why was he in such a rush when he picked it up? This deal was screwed up from the very first post. I would have no problem buying a boat from this dealer but would still check it over before I bought it. I would also check over a 8-9 year old Fountain from Reggie himself it he had one I wanted to buy. The same if I were to go to the bank to cash a $100 check, I would count it before I left. It is not that I don't trust anyone but mistakes do happen and in a used item of any type, there is room for interpretation.

I do know where I would never buy a Ferrari. Partly because of his actions here and partly because if he can not inspect a boat for himself, then how well would he inspect a car that his sole purpose is to sale and make money on.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
I got tired of his griping and saying how OSO failed him. We gave him plenty of advise before he purchased and he came back here not only bashing the dealer but telling us that OSO failed him. Why would anybody be in such a rush to buy a boat "today" and then fork out the cash sight unseen? That is just asking for trouble and he was warned and was advised prior to the sale. He told us all about how successful he was in his Ferrari dealership but had no idea how to look over a boat that was purchased. He wanted the boat cheap and there is always a reason that the seller will let something go below market value. If you went to his Ferrari dealership and saw a particular model that was 15-20% less than comparable ones elsewhere, what would you think? I was more that willing to help him source items that he may need regardless of how the boat was purchased but when he came on here and started mouthing off this last time, I had no use for him. I believe that he got what he paid for (including a trailer that he even stated at one point was a freebie in the deal). If he had not bashed the dealer publicly just hours after picking up the boat, he may have received some assistance from the dealer. I do believe the dealer offered some assistance early on until the bashing was too extreme. Why was he in such a rush and then wait a month or more to pick it up? Why was he in such a rush when he picked it up? This deal was screwed up from the very first post. I would have no problem buying a boat from this dealer but would still check it over before I bought it. I would also check over a 8-9 year old Fountain from Reggie himself it he had one I wanted to buy. The same if I were to go to the bank to cash a $100 check, I would count it before I left. It is not that I don't trust anyone but mistakes do happen and in a used item of any type, there is room for interpretation.

I do know where I would never buy a Ferrari. Partly because of his actions here and partly because if he can not inspect a boat for himself, then how well would he inspect a car that his sole purpose is to sale and make money on.

I don't want to get into a pissing match but if someone from a Manufacturing Dealer Rep tells me that "the boat needs nothing and checks OK" then as a new boater then my expectations would be as such, no issues. I'm not taking his side on this because I saw his original post of looking for a boat and the advise was given by many to have the boat surveyed but he was in a hurry. Well that cost him dearly in extra expense and truthfully not being on here anymore.

Maybe I'm a little of the Ol fashion way of doing business of your word means something. In my boat dealings I believe that I have found a respectful and honest boat dealer. For example, I was looking at a boat that he had in his arsenal to sell and I asked about this certain boat, he informed me that this boat was rough and would not met my expectations. So he basically stopped me from purchasing that boat but he did finally set me up with my present rig and I did not have it surveyed by an outsider. Two reasons why I did not have it done: One, I was not aware of this site that enlightened me of the importance on the subject matter of having a boat surveyed and two, I would not have known who to call anyway, new to the power boat world. This was my first Large boat and I trusted the dealership to be honest and straight forward with me. By not having the boat surveyed it could have cost me a lot of money and time not doing what I wanted to do, Boat. I guess I got lucky.

Every story has three sides: buyer, seller and the truth.

Well I guess that’s enough on this subject matter…does anyone have any fast or slutty pictures of their boat
Old 06-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

I have no doubt that he had issues with the boat but with minimal checks they would have be found. We also have not heard all of the conversations between the dealer and buyer. What torques me the most is that he came on here asking for help before he bought a boat and listened to nothing, then had problems and listened to very little that we said, then came back on here again and basically said that OSO was to blame and proceed to tell use how we should handle a purchase. A simple water test and all issues would have shown their head.

Perfect boat...no, but it could have meet all of his requirements with some negotiations. At the advertised price it probably would have been close to perfect. But the price was negotiated down considerably and many new parts were given to the customer as part of the deal for him to arrange the installation of. I was not there and as was said there are always 3 sides to a story. But when the boat was suggested as needing nothing, that was probably at the advertised price which was different than the "as is/sold for" price.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
I have no doubt that he had issues with the boat but with minimal checks they would have be found. We also have not heard all of the conversations between the dealer and buyer. What torques me the most is that he came on here asking for help before he bought a boat and listened to nothing, then had problems and listened to very little that we said, then came back on here again and basically said that OSO was to blame and proceed to tell use how we should handle a purchase. A simple water test and all issues would have shown their head.

Perfect boat...no, but it could have meet all of his requirements with some negotiations. At the advertised price it probably would have been close to perfect. But the price was negotiated down considerably and many new parts were given to the customer as part of the deal for him to arrange the installation of. I was not there and as was said there are always 3 sides to a story. But when the boat was suggested as needing nothing, that was probably at the advertised price which was different than the "as is/sold for" price.
I fully agree. I also invested time in trying to offer up some honest advise. None of us here want to see someone take it in the shorts, but this guy made his own bed. A post I put up monday somehow got wiped out with his crap, it paralled what you are saying here. In the end it is "Your cheapest deal is not always your best deal.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

He should have started and ran the boat.

He should have not vented on OSO 24 hrs after delivery. I think some agreements could have been taken care of but with his public outrage, that shut it down.

Missing snaps, cracks/spyders in windscreen etc. must have been seen when he showed up to get boat. If this was and issue, why didn't he address right there?

I personally do not know BlownIncome but the guy just tries to hammer out a living like the rest of us, I doubt he has a new OL on order for selling a boat here and there. I believe BI is a real guy and would be straight to deal with. I still would have ran the boat for 20 min before I paid anyone in full.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

" "Your cheapest deal is not always your best deal."
I have to believe he made an offer and the dealer possibly said "as is" and he bought it thinking there couldn't be that much wrong until he got it home and turned the key.

ed
Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just find it hard to believe any dealer would deliberatly outright lie about the condition of this boat in order to move it and expect to stay in business. Steve could very well have called a surveror to check it out or even had an unbiased 3rd party check it out, or not paid in full up front before seeing it himself. He chose to do none of those. I think alot of info was not mentioned.

Quick Reply: Thread Missing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.