Old 08-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Advise Is Stay Clear

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti By Nature
raggededge worst customer experience trying to deal with buying these headers MY ADVISE IS STAY CLEAR
they treated me like ****
and they screwed me twice because I gave them two chances
to to service me. Call Fred instead ! He stands behind what he sells!

Can you explain this a little better to me ? What headers ? and from who were you buying them ?

Raggededge this is past post I made :

what CAN A OSO BOATER DO? BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

IN OCTOBER 2005 I INSTALLED NEW MOTORS IN MY 1989 38 FEVER .ON THE FIRST TEST RUN I BLEW OUT ONE OF MY EXHAUST MANIFOLDS.

CONTACTED KEITH EICKERT PERFORMANCE PURCHASED
CYCLONE HEADERS AND TAIL PIPES FROM THEM.
EXPLAINING THAT I NEEDED TO GET HEADERS IN TIME TO WINTERIZE HERE IN N.Y.C. , PROMISED ONE SET OF HEADERS AND TAILS WITHIN ONE TO TWO WEEKS IF I RED LABELED SAMPLE PIPE TO THEM WHICH I DID FOLLOWING DAY. THREE WEEKS LATER THEY EMAILED ME THAT THEY WERE VERY SORRY THAT THEY CAN'T PRODUCE TAIL PIPES
THEY LET ME RETURN HEADERS AND RETURNED MY MONEY TO ME.

INSTEAD OF TAKING MY MONEY BACK AND DEALING WITH A MORE PROFESSIONAL COMPANY ....... I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING ANOTHER CMI EXHAUST SYSTEM FROM THEM.
THEIR REP HAD VERY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRODUCT,
TOOK MY MEASUREMENTS FOR THE TAIL PIPES AND THEN
PROCEEDED TO ORDER STRAIGHT TAIL PIPES FROM THE FACTORY NEEDLESS TO SAY DON'T FIT THE HOLES IN MY TRANSOM .

WHEN I CALLED KEITH EICKERT PERFORMANCE TO INFORM
THEM OF THE MISTAKE , I WAS TOLD " THAT THEY SPENT TOO MANY HOUR HELPING ME WITH MY BOAT AND I SHOULD NOT CONTACT THEM ANY MORE !!!!!!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?

I DISPUTED CHARGE WITH CREDIT CARD COMPANY , AND I GOT A RESPONSE FROM HARDIN MARINE, APPARENTLY
THEY OWN KIETH ECKERT PERFORMANCE , COULD NOT DELIVER TO THERE OWN SISTER COMPANY MY ORIGINAL ORDER . BUT THEY INSIST I TAKE THIS SECOND HEADER SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT FIT MY BOAT . NOT WILLING
TO TAKE BACK MERCHANDISE TO RESOLVE CREDIT DISPUTE.

WHAT OTHER RECOURSES MIGHT I ALSO HAVE ?

CMI QUESTIONED THEM TWICE ABOUT ORDER BECAUSE IT DID NOT LOOK RIGHT ORDERING STRAIGHT TAIL PIPES
WITH E-TOP EXHAUST SYSTEMS BUT THE REP STATED
"THAT IS THE WAY THE CUSTOMER WANTS IT" WHILE DOING WHO KNOWS WHAT WITH THE MEASUREMENTS I GAVE THEM ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

BUYERS BEWARE MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW ALL HEADER BUILD SHEETS, CONFIRM ALL DETAILS BEFORE THEY GO FOR PRODUCTION , THRU A PROFESSIONAL DEALER
WHO HAS PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE LIKE FRED AT TRICK MARINE , AND CARED MORE ABOUT THE TROUBLE I HAD
THEN THE DEALERS THAT CAUSED ME THE TROUBLE .

Raggededge I leraned after dealing with them that KEPP was bought out by Hardin marine and they also own cp performance let me tell you their customer service sucks.

the matter was investigated by Citibank credit card disputes
against Hardin marine (where charge was originated ,even
though order was thru KEPP) they were found to be at fault
and Citibank wrote them to take headers and tails back and return my money which they refused.

They also had charged my card without permission a second
charge which Citibank reversed in my favor.

KEPP claimed they were mistreated as a customer by Hardin marine when in fact they are all one company and lack of delivery of their own product only showed the total unprofessional ism that their companies are about!

Happy boating
Howard

Last edited by Nauti By Nature; 08-05-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Re: Raggededge MY ADVISE IS STAY CLEAR

This may well be valid information you have posted here, but I can not understand why you sent me the PM in the first place, or why you have started this thread. I'm not in the market for the products you mention, and if I were I would go thru the marina that I sell boats part time for, as we have direct accounts with both CMI and Hardin as well as many others.

If you are upset, understandibly so, simply state your case. But do me a favor and leave me out of it. I am in no way involved in this matter, nor do I want to be. Thanks, Ragged Edge
Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Raggededge MY ADVISE IS STAY CLEAR

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Quote:
raggededge worst customer experience trying to deal with buying these headers MY ADVISE IS STAY CLEAR
they treated me like ****
and they screwed me twice because I gave them two chances
to to service me. Call Fred instead ! He stands behind what he sells!

Can you explain this a little better to me ? What headers ? and from who were you buying them ?

Raggededge this is past post I made :

what CAN A OSO BOATER DO? BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

IN OCTOBER 2005 I INSTALLED NEW MOTORS IN MY 1989 38 FEVER .ON THE FIRST TEST RUN I BLEW OUT ONE OF MY EXHAUST MANIFOLDS.

CONTACTED KEITH EICKERT PERFORMANCE PURCHASED
CYCLONE HEADERS AND TAIL PIPES FROM THEM.
EXPLAINING THAT I NEEDED TO GET HEADERS IN TIME TO WINTERIZE HERE IN N.Y.C. , PROMISED ONE SET OF HEADERS AND TAILS WITHIN ONE TO TWO WEEKS IF I RED LABELED SAMPLE PIPE TO THEM WHICH I DID FOLLOWING DAY. THREE WEEKS LATER THEY EMAILED ME THAT THEY WERE VERY SORRY THAT THEY CAN'T PRODUCE TAIL PIPES
THEY LET ME RETURN HEADERS AND RETURNED MY MONEY TO ME.

INSTEAD OF TAKING MY MONEY BACK AND DEALING WITH A MORE PROFESSIONAL COMPANY ....... I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING ANOTHER CMI EXHAUST SYSTEM FROM THEM.
THEIR REP HAD VERY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRODUCT,
TOOK MY MEASUREMENTS FOR THE TAIL PIPES AND THEN
PROCEEDED TO ORDER STRAIGHT TAIL PIPES FROM THE FACTORY NEEDLESS TO SAY DON'T FIT THE HOLES IN MY TRANSOM .

WHEN I CALLED KEITH EICKERT PERFORMANCE TO INFORM
THEM OF THE MISTAKE , I WAS TOLD " THAT THEY SPENT TOO MANY HOUR HELPING ME WITH MY BOAT AND I SHOULD NOT CONTACT THEM ANY MORE !!!!!!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?

I DISPUTED CHARGE WITH CREDIT CARD COMPANY , AND I GOT A RESPONSE FROM HARDIN MARINE, APPARENTLY
THEY OWN KIETH ECKERT PERFORMANCE , COULD NOT DELIVER TO THERE OWN SISTER COMPANY MY ORIGINAL ORDER . BUT THEY INSIST I TAKE THIS SECOND HEADER SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT FIT MY BOAT . NOT WILLING
TO TAKE BACK MERCHANDISE TO RESOLVE CREDIT DISPUTE.

WHAT OTHER RECOURSES MIGHT I ALSO HAVE ?

CMI QUESTIONED THEM TWICE ABOUT ORDER BECAUSE IT DID NOT LOOK RIGHT ORDERING STRAIGHT TAIL PIPES
WITH E-TOP EXHAUST SYSTEMS BUT THE REP STATED
"THAT IS THE WAY THE CUSTOMER WANTS IT" WHILE DOING WHO KNOWS WHAT WITH THE MEASUREMENTS I GAVE THEM ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

BUYERS BEWARE MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW ALL HEADER BUILD SHEETS, CONFIRM ALL DETAILS BEFORE THEY GO FOR PRODUCTION , THRU A PROFESSIONAL DEALER
WHO HAS PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE LIKE FRED AT TRICK MARINE , AND CARED MORE ABOUT THE TROUBLE I HAD
THEN THE DEALERS THAT CAUSED ME THE TROUBLE .

Raggededge I leraned after dealing with them that KEPP was bought out by Hardin marine and they also own cp performance let me tell you their customer service sucks.

the matter was investigated by Citibank credit card disputes
against Hardin marine (where charge was originated ,even
though order was thru KEPP) they were found to be at fault
and Citibank wrote them to take headers and tails back and return my money which they refused.

They also had charged my card without permission a second
charge which Citibank reversed in my favor.

KEPP claimed they were mistreated as a customer by Hardin marine when in fact they are all one company and lack of delivery of their own product only showed the total unprofessional ism that their companies are about!

Happy boating
Howard

What does this have to do with Ragged??

I DON'T CARE WHO YOU GET CUSTOM PIPES FROM IT IS A B!TCH........just do a search under my threads....
Old 08-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did not mean to put you any where ,no middle or sides I only want people to know where bad customer service comes from so they might avoid it.

I know that I would have like to have known that Keith has nothing to do with the company , and the customer service is non existent when you have a problem with these companies dishonesty. This thread might
help others avoid hassles I went thru ,if you got it covered I 'm glad for you, but you did post interest in those headers in OSO forum , and the PM
was in case they had the posting locked as in past threads.

No offense given or taken
Nauti By Nature
Old 08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom are you attorney for Raggededge ,or just very opinionated ?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered

Tom are you attorney for Raggededge ,or just very opinionated ?

No I am just a dumbass who spent 12K for headers and still don't have everything. I only paid for them in March.

And I didn't order them from Kieth
Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered

man .... you have this on several of the forums what the h*ll does raggededge have to do with it...........

I agree KEPP sucks and does not stand behind there products and keep in mind KEPP, HARDEN MARINE, and CP PERFORMANCE are all sister companies now

check out this thread to see how they stand behind there products......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=131530

but lay off Raggededge or just shut the f up

and no Im not an atty I turn wrenches for a living
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
man .... you have this on several of the forums what the h*ll does raggededge have to do with it...........

That was my first question......how does this relate to Ragged???
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Yeah, The header game sucks....Buy from Fred, he stood behind me till done.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Headers are almost allways a *****. If you want them to fit right out of the box you need to take your boat direct to the manufacture and have THEM measure and fit them. That's why we deal so much with Lightning and Stelling, they are close enough to take the boat to them and have them do the fitting. We're on the west coast and are lucky enough to be only a few hours away from both companies.

In all the other companies defense, headers are hard to measure. I hate selling headers over the phone and rarely do it anymore.

I hope you all get your problems sorted.

Fionn

Quick Reply: Raggededge MY ADVISE IS STAY CLEAR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.