Looking for the Fastest SINGLE engine Fountain >

Looking for the Fastest SINGLE engine Fountain

Notices

Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious to know what is the fastest single engine Fountain. I know that JimV has run 101, in a 27, and last weekend, we ran 102.4 on the Potomac, in a 29 Fever. Are there any others that are faster??? I am curious about their engine combinations and what drives that they are using. Thanks for the replies!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for the Fastest SINGLE engine Fountain

Your Boat looked real good Sat. Sorry didnt get to talk to you. No chine walk or scary moves. I dont think you will find many single Fountains truly running the speed you are. A lot of bench racing and bar talk, everyone has a buddy that runs 100 some where. I know John, that ran the 25 Checkmate, he was running 10 lbs of boost and also spraying NO2 for another 150 hp. He built the 598 himself. 110 mph in a Checkmate was something to see
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

Thanks Beakboater, we have been trying to get it dialed in since April. We still have a little left to work out (hopefully a few more mph). I was hoping to get some "easy" info from someone else that has done the same build up.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM
chief fever
Platinum Member

rackster,good job 102.4 is hauling a-- 110 in a 25ft. Checkmate pretty crazy,150 shot of spray would git you close.But NOS is hard on parts,before boating i raced outlaw promods 2000 Wally Stoupe Vette 747 Sonny Leonard 2 stages of spray,wife said car or her so i bought a boat.Going out for a blast this morning still havent changed pulleys for more boost so i don't expect any better mph.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chief fever
rackster,good job 102.4 is hauling a-- 110 in a 25ft. Checkmate pretty crazy,150 shot of spray would git you close.But NOS is hard on parts,before boating i raced outlaw promods 2000 Wally Stoupe Vette 747 Sonny Leonard 2 stages of spray,wife said car or her so i bought a boat.Going out for a blast this morning still havent changed pulleys for more boost so i don't expect any better mph.
Racksters boat was rock solid, good luck with yours Chief. Aside from you two guys and Jimmy V, your probably on your own. I think that everyone else will be looking to learn from you.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
chief fever
Platinum Member

Did a little modifications today slipped on a smaller top pulley,what a pain in the a-s,dremel's are sweet!!!I will let it eat tomorrow had it out today with low boost at 95 was like a cruise ship,water was like glass,upped the boost + or - 2lbs. tomorrow will tell,hard for me to run low on fuel i have a 1/2 hour idle to my house,don't want to run out!Sea tow sucks!Rackster i need help,can you say 103?I think i need the bottle?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Registered

Chief, I think that we saw 103 on the way back to the ramp, after the radar shoot (water was a lot more choppy). I don't like to post it as "fact" though, because there were no witnesses or radar guns. The telltale speedo did move a little more though.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rackster
Chief, I think that we saw 103 on the way back to the ramp, after the radar shoot (water was a lot more choppy). I don't like to post it as "fact" though, because there were no witnesses or radar guns. The telltale speedo did move a little more though.
witnesses????.......just take a pic of a GPS and its a record.......Oh Oh sorry......thats what Outerlimits does
Old 10-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rackster

I was on the boat and it sure felt like 103!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 PM
chief fever
Platinum Member

Rackster was out Thurs. two guy's in boat me 275+200lb. amigo+1/2 tank of fuel 98 on gps on dead flat water,going out tomorrow cold front is finallly here,Thurs. 90+temp high humidity here in Naples Fl.cold air is h.p.1DEGREE is 1HP,now is the time to make big power down here.Time shall tell wish me luck or not Iwill let this motor eat!!!!!!!!By the way raced a 38 Fountain Thurs. twin 850 Cobra's he could;nt catch me.

Quick Reply: Looking for the Fastest SINGLE engine Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.