Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!! >

Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Notices

Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

I thought I saw the boat up that way, just wondered. If you get a chance check out www.cbpba.com and see what we are up to. We can give you more reasons for tearing up the Bay in that bad boy
Old 10-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To insptech - I'll be joining this year. Looking forward to the poker runs Which boat do you have? My office just moved from Gaithersburg to Germantown.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

To Sea Dated - thanks for the welcome - it good to be here.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 31 Formula that I keep on South River. We have a fairly large group up in the 'Dena that I'm sure will welcome you with open arms and open coolers

Must suck having to commute this way every day, I hate just going to the boat on the weekends so we are moving that way next spring
Attached Thumbnails Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!-311sr1.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

insptech - I live in pasadena - 10 minutes from the boat. I have 15 accounts in the area and rarely ever go down to the office so actually the commute is not bad. This is a fantastic area to live in and if I can help in anyway let me know - I have been running with 4 out of the 6 powerplays local to the area since I moved back here in 2000. Always looking for new friends with open arms and coolers.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Color scheme - Congrats
Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

nice looking boat...hope you can get it out Apr 15th. next year
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Great boat and now you see about the excellent build quality in a Fountain! Yours is a classic!

Just a tip for ya....when storing the boat make sure the bunks go past the transom by at least an inch. In your picture the bunks stop forward of the transom (the heaviest part of the boat by the way) and that will create a hook in your hull and affect handling and slow you down over time. Just make sure those 2 bunks go past the transom. If you want to really get picky you should build up the last foot on the bunks by about an inch to inch and a half so that the boat sits more level and the edge of the step is not supporting the boat.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with Mike. You are supporting alot of the weight (from what the picture shows) of the boat on the edge of the step.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Great boat and now you see about the excellent build quality in a Fountain! Yours is a classic!

Just a tip for ya....when storing the boat make sure the bunks go past the transom by at least an inch. In your picture the bunks stop forward of the transom (the heaviest part of the boat by the way) and that will create a hook in your hull and affect handling and slow you down over time. Just make sure those 2 bunks go past the transom. If you want to really get picky you should build up the last foot on the bunks by about an inch to inch and a half so that the boat sits more level and the edge of the step is not supporting the boat.
Mike - thanks for the tip. The picture shows the boat on a wash rack at the marina. It was only there for pictures. The actual rack that the boat is stored on has been modified with 8.5 foot 2x4s running from the transom to the step. The runners have been spread 43 inches so the boat sits squarely on the chines from the transom, all the way forward, with zero pressure on the edges of the steps. The marina manager was kind enough to allow me to do the mods myself and provided me with the forklift with a work platform, a dock kid for a helper and new deep pile carpet to boot. The 2x4 is 1.5 inches high (the hight of the single step) and runs the lenght from the transon to the step supporting the boat over the entire 8.5 feet between the 2 points. I now have a stepped rack to support perfectly, my stepped hull. The owners manual gives an illustration of this on page 14. The rack was then re-carpeted with deep pile grey carpet. I made these mods within a day of getting the boat home. The boat came with a triple axle Roadrunner bunk trailer that was custom made for the 35X so I know that it has always been supported properly. Thank you for looking out for me though. I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-29-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.