35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner >

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Notices

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Dkahnjob, Carolina performance marine in Charlotte NC has a real clean (2004 I think) 35 Lightning with 525s in it, only 60 hours on a Myco for 165. Ask for Britt Springs. Buy the Lightning, the other is slower but cheaper in price.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Here's one you can actually see! Go to the Formula section of the owners forum here on OSO, to the thread "Fort Lauderdale Show" by axapowell,to page #3, to post #52, and click on the putfile video link.

Peter
See new thread here in Fountain forum....RaggedEdge 35 drive by
Old 11-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

hey D.K.this might not help with your decision but i bought a 35 from kathy at the brokerage shop 2 years ago and was very happy.i bought it sight unseen!i talked to the fountain dealer who serviced it also the mechanic who worked on it and also had it surveyed!couple small issues but very happy .i also have a great connection for transporting to you.alot of people thought i was crazy but it turned out ok and would use her again!good luck with your decision!!p.m. me if you need more info!!!!!forgot to say this boat came from california!!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ALL IN
hey D.K.this might not help with your decision but i bought a 35 from kathy at the brokerage shop 2 years ago and was very happy.i bought it sight unseen!i talked to the fountain dealer who serviced it also the mechanic who worked on it and also had it surveyed!couple small issues but very happy .i also have a great connection for transporting to you.alot of people thought i was crazy but it turned out ok and would use her again!good luck with your decision!!p.m. me if you need more info!!!!!forgot to say this boat came from california!!!!!
You were lucky to find a California Fountain, they are rare out here. I do see a few, but haven't seen any for sale in the West. Maybe because we are still having summer out here and everyone is still out boating. Please let me know who you used for transporting. I have talked to Kathy on a couple of boats, she seemed very nice. I have bought several cars across the country like this and they have all worked out well.
Thanks,
DK
Old 11-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked at a 35 Ex just last week at my dealer because I was thinking of downsizing in cost and boat size. The 35 EX has no room at the helm. I could not fit behund the helm, but I am also a big guy at 6'5" tall. Funny thing is I fit in my 29 Fever tight but fine. You'd have to be a small guy to fit in the 35Ex. For me I'd look into a slightly used and well taken care of 35 Lightning. Not only is the 35 Lightning faster but it has more useable room behind the helm and all over the whole boat.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

i cant agree with fever any more i run with a 38 ex and he will agree also!i am at my first home the one for when you cant be on the lake it's 40 something here outside!!!!! i will get the info tom.i posted it on the internet boat 35ft from san jose to sandusky will pay $1600 then i offered a bonus so that i would have it by the 4th of july!!!!!money well spent well i will p.m. you tom.i did feel lucky to find my boat and was worried why a boat in calif. was using a broker on the east coast but it was ok at the end.honker marine was the fountain dealer great guys to talk to.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=Dkahnjob]Hi Peter, The video clip of your boat on Lake Ontario was very impressive looking, I like the colors. Please let me know the details.
Thanks,
David Kahn

David,

1999 35 Fountain, HP 500 Carb, 20th Anniversary Package inc. special graphics with color fade-chrome throttle/shifter-color matched dash-chrome bezels-deck graphics-matching graphics on sun pad and in cockpit carpet, PO head-never been used,water system etc. the standard stuff. 26 Hydros and 28 Lab Bravos. The stock cockpit cover plus a full mooring/storage cover that Robert had custom made for it. Eagle tandem trailer.

Has 225 hrs. total and just over 50 since engines were freshened. Done by local shop, close friend of 30+ years, 100% stock except for upgraded valve springs and rockers to eliminate the normal Merc problem. Isky SP Endurance springs and Crower Stainless full rollers. The boat is honestly an 11 on the 10 scale, anyone here on OSO that knows the boat would verify that. I bought it in Kentucky/Lake Cumberland in July of '04 from Marginmn here on OSO. Both Robert and I have kept it in a boathouse, he had it on a lift, and stored off season inside. It shows as close to new as a used boat possibly can.

Will have the GF try to post some pictures here later and will get you a number thru an OSO PM later today.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-12-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...&cat=25&page=1
see mine in the swap shop section, I willing to make someone a great deal
Old 11-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the 07 35's running over 105 mph with 525's, if you sit tight their maybe quite a few 35 Fountains on the market for sale.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered

Beak - so true. I am still looking for one that is free to a good home - that is how I got my dog.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 11-13-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.