Notices

35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge]
Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Hi Peter, The video clip of your boat on Lake Ontario was very impressive looking, I like the colors. Please let me know the details.
Thanks,
David Kahn

David,

1999 35 Fountain, HP 500 Carb, 20th Anniversary Package inc. special graphics with color fade-chrome throttle/shifter-color matched dash-chrome bezels-deck graphics-matching graphics on sun pad and in cockpit carpet, PO head-never been used,water system etc. the standard stuff. 26 Hydros and 28 Lab Bravos. The stock cockpit cover plus a full mooring/storage cover that Robert had custom made for it. Eagle tandem trailer.

Has 225 hrs. total and just over 50 since engines were freshened. Done by local shop, close friend of 30+ years, 100% stock except for upgraded valve springs and rockers to eliminate the normal Merc problem. Isky SP Endurance springs and Crower Stainless full rollers. The boat is honestly an 11 on the 10 scale, anyone here on OSO that knows the boat would verify that. I bought it in Kentucky/Lake Cumberland in July of '04 from Marginmn here on OSO. Both Robert and I have kept it in a boathouse, he had it on a lift, and stored off season inside. It shows as close to new as a used boat possibly can.

Will have the GF try to post some pictures here later and will get you a number thru an OSO PM later today.
Here's one.
Attached Thumbnails 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner-trailer076a.jpg  
Old 11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Cool Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Here's one.
Thanks Robert! What would I do without you and Downtown42. Did you check out the video? That should look familiar to you too.

Ragged Edge Drive By Vid, check it out.

Oh, my buddy axapowell shot it. ( He likes it when credits are included, and DT42 moved it over here. Credits all around, and I was driving, and the boat "was" yours......... give the Mrs. that signed check yet?

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-14-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ragged....you need a lesson! Oh yea, and some help with computers...

Dave
Attached Thumbnails 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner-pete-fountain-1.jpg   35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner-pete-fountain-2.jpg   35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner-pete-fountain-3.jpg  

Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

Wink Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by axapowell
Ragged....you need a lesson! Oh yea, and some help with computers...

Dave

I don't need no lessons, I've got all you educated post hoe's for friends to do it for me. Just look, in the last couple days you have moved videos around and posted all kinds of pictures of my boat all over this board. Now if someone can just find me a buyer for the 35 so I can go get that 38 I've got picked out. Then I'll give "you" a real lesson.................NC................ knowledge is something to be shared amoungst friends.

Oh, could you work on the middle picture ? The rub rail looks a little wavy when you blow it up. Thanks in advance, I know you can fix that.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-14-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2000 35' Lightning, which is in Florida, hope to have it on the West coast within a month.
Anybody want to buy a really clean Spectra 32', I have about one boat too many now.

http://www.hotboat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120909
Old 11-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I don't need no lessons.....Then I'll give "you" a real lesson.................NC................ knowledge is something to be shared amoungst friends..

You mean like the lesson I gave you all summer?

Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Originally Posted by axapowell
You mean like the lesson I gave you all summer?

Dave
And that lesson would be? Lets see, take a multi step bottomed Formula with HP 500s for power, add upwards of 300 horsepower with good heads and big cams(400 hp if you count your big dyno numbers), make some real impressive gains in speed, and a little more with some more prop tweaking, an all around very sucessful project.

Now what did we learn?

#1 ) Perhaps that the multi step Formula requires the additional 300 hp.(aforementioned) in order to just squeak by a single step design Fountain(a bottom that has been around for close to two decades) with the stock HP 500's.

#2 ) Perhaps that if the Formula had added additional horsepower,say another 200 or so, over and above the aforementioned added 300 horsepower, it might have come somewhat close to running the same speeds that the newer multi step Fountain design runs with the stock HP 500's, at some 500 hp less.

#3 ) Perhaps that had we added the aforementioned heads, cams, and resulting 300 additional horsepower to the single step design Fountain the results would have not been the same at all, all things being equal again, the results would resemble those seen when both ran the stock HP 500's.

#4 ) Perhaps that if we were to take the newer multi step design Fountain(equaling out the bottom design technology) and added the 300 hp, to the stock 500 hp we started with, we would end up over the 100 mph mark vs the mid 80's attained by the multi step Formula design.

#5 ) Perhaps that were we to put into play the newer multi step 38 Fountain, to eliminate the weight/real size issue sure to pop up here, the results would be even more lopsided. In fact that design runs past the 100 mph mark with 600 hp, let alone what it will do with 700+ to work with.

All valuable and informative lessons here. And what part of all this do you think I did not fully comprehend at some point in time before summer ever began ? I think that you forget that my last boat ran just shy of the 100 mph mark, it started life as a 77 mph boat, as did yours,,,,,,,,( no offense intended here ),,,,,,,, you have a way to go.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-15-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Some more valuble info for ya. A new 2007 38 Formula Fastech with staggered Merc hp600's (yep the new ones) goes only 79 at WOT. A 38 Fountain is 25mph faster!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Where To
VIP Member

For sakes of THIS disscusion, let's compare what we have and know NOW!

Fact for Fact: Your boats best speed this year was 81.7 verified by MY GPS not your 80mph old school water pick-up speedo.

My best speed was 87.8 GPS

Call it what you will (technically speaking)....The only thing in common is we own the same year boat. Different manufacuter(Formula), more creature comforts, heavier boat (nearly 2000 lbs plus what the wife puts on it), an additional 260 net HP. I wasn't trying to build just a "go fast" engine package. I don't need to go any faster, and was never my intention to compare it to your Fountain. That's all coming from you. You are making this an argument instead of a disscusion.

Face it, 6mph faster is not just squeaking by....write the check for the 38 and be faster if that's what make you happy! I'm happy with what I've got.....for now.

You should get a job at Fountain, Reggie and you have the same B.S. Kinda like the Cat Killer saga. Come on Pete, compare apples to apples.

(BTW we really are friends!)

Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Some more valuble info for ya. A new 2007 38 Formula Fastech with staggered Merc hp600's (yep the new ones) goes only 79 at WOT. A 38 Fountain is 25mph faster!

It also comes with A/C, generator, vacu-flush and a FULL cabin. Not sand bags! Read my last post. This is not a valid disscusion!

Dave

Quick Reply: 35 Lightning vs. 35 Executioner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.