Notices

insurance

Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had a problem. And I am sure that the insurance people here know boats. Its all done by length weight and speed.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Allstate quoted my 27 for 320 bucks a year.

Tell them that it has a 496 and the top speed is 50.

Also, my agent said that they can get boats that are 27 and under written on your homeowners policy now.
I dont like high insurance rates either, but when you need them the most, I wouldnt want to be in your shoes. Thats all the underwriters need is to find an out because you misrepresented your boats speed. Good luck ,hope you never need to file a claim. Not busting your stones, just dont want to see someone get burned.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

I have had claims before. What are they gonna do measure the skidmarks. All that I am saying is Fountain or not, the length of 27' is not a red flag for "high performance". You can usually fly below the radar. As you get bigger I am sure that it will get extremely more difficult.

Now totally different is my Skater. You say Skater, or "cat" and forget about it. That puts you in a totally different league.

I would never pay more than 1k per year for a 27' boat no matter the power. If you are that high then you need to get an independent agent to shop for you. JMO. I do see what you are saying though Beak Boater.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

First year I had my Fountain I paid 1200/yr through Progressive the next yr I shopped around and got it for 753/yr through Elton Porter I have 2000 27 fever
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I gets me hot that the insurance industry bust our stones and charge us inequitably high rates because we are "high performance". Talk to the guy with the $50-60k bass boat with a 300 hp outboard running 85 when he weighs about 1500 lbs and is chine walking like hell running in 3' of water trying to race somebody to his secret spot or blasting off at a fishing tournament, payin' $500 of insurance. Now that is high risk to me!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Default Insurance Man that is a boater too!!

Originally Posted by heaterman
i just bought a fountain 27foot state farm insured my baja outlaw but wont insure me because it has a pointy nose
You need an insurance person that is a boater himself. Ray Anderson in KC 913-334-3553. He is a boater. Plus he has performance boats himself. He knows what you need and don't need. It would be worth it to let him give you a quote. He seems to beat everyone on price, majority of the time.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I see some of you are mis-representing the performance of your boat just so that you can get either a cheaper rate or get insured with a certain company.

If you do this it is considered fraud if you file a claim and you will not be covered.

Most home and auto type of insurance company's will not properly insure a boat like a Fountain. You really need to seek out the proper type of insurance. Also with a boat I would never get anything other than an agreed value policy. If you do not get an agreed value policy and the boat is a total loss you will not receive anywhere near the low book value of the boat.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I see some of you are mis-representing the performance of your boat just so that you can get either a cheaper rate or get insured with a certain company.

If you do this it is considered fraud if you file a claim and you will not be covered.

Most home and auto type of insurance company's will not properly insure a boat like a Fountain. You really need to seek out the proper type of insurance. Also with a boat I would never get anything other than an agreed value policy. If you do not get an agreed value policy and the boat is a total loss you will not receive anywhere near the low book value of the boat.
very well stated!!!