Rub Rail not centered >

Rub Rail not centered

Notices

Rub Rail not centered

Old 12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Rub Rail not centered

Can you take a picture of the rub rail and post it for us?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I agree I want my rub rail to be centered as well. I have taken a few complaints from Cig, and OL owners. It appears they are the only ones that see the back end of my rig
Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its not a big deal to fix if you have a relationship with your local fountain dealer they can call fountain and have it fixed in a hour or so .. Who is your local dealer?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Fountain the only place to order that aluminum center piece, the one that covers where the two rub rails meet in the back. Or is there someone making an aftermarket one?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No local dealer, live in Michigan. What I mean by the rail not being centered is the seam is not lined up with the stern light or the center of the transom. The seam is about 18" left of center. There is no Fountain logo cover over the seam, thank goodness fot that because it would make it look worse than what it is.

All I wanted from Fountain was a piece of rub rail and that would of taken care of the situation. I will still have it fixed then I will be able to consider my Fountain a one of a kind.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Fountain really needs to hire someone who is pro customer service. When problems like this pop up they should take care of it.
What businesses don't understand is how this effects the end user, many will NOT purchase another product and it really has on impact on business revenues over time. 1 disgruntled customer tells, on average, 13 people.
Formulas are slow (thought I'd throw that right out there to avoid the inevitable backlash)

but they certianly seem have a better handle on this concept than any other builder. Period.
I heard it prior to purchase, seen it come to fruition for others, and have lived it myself with my 353...

right down to sending out small parts and trinkets (often as good will) to 2nd and 3rd owners of 10-20 year old boats. Probably cost them less than a Glossy brochure and is 10X as effective at generating repeat sales.

The Porter's just "get it"

It's an easily understood business principle that chump change in good will, reaps big rewards on the other end.

I like the racy looks and speed of Fountain, and as I consider my 7th boat purchase (6th new) I look at them...
but since they got so "corporate" and "volume driven", you just hear of too many cases of dissatisfaction, being "blown-off", and the "you own it" attitude.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

UNTRUE STATEMENTS. You hear about it more because they have more exposure. EXAMPLE: Fountain powerboats are the second largest boat company as far as daily and monthly hits on all boat sits. Hate to say it but Sea Ray is number one. Hatteras is 3rd. Thats alot of exposure!!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I came out of a formula 292 SR1 and cant say enough about how well they build a boat. The fit and finish on a fountain will never come close to a formula...But you cant get the speed out of em. I now own an 05 35 x am not thrilled with it. Stress cracks, things breaking and poor interior. Think im going used outerlimits!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcolter
Is Fountain the only place to order that aluminum center piece, the one that covers where the two rub rails meet in the back. Or is there someone making an aftermarket one?
I bought one 2 yrs ago from a guy here on the board that made new ones. Powdercoated them white, then lazer etched the Fountain in it, instead of the vinyl letters that peel off. I 'think' it was under $10. Don't know if he still makes them.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

all you Formula lovers must not have been at the Chicago boat show last year!! As I looked down the side of the boat I almost got dizzy and fainted. I thought I was in a carnival fun house. The side of the boat was so wavey it made me dizzy!!!!! Your goingto look at a USED outerlimits. at least your smart an looking used. I can't image buying an Outerlimits boat for 890,000 and then 2 years later HOPING to get 250,000 for it. What a boat huh. That speaks volumes for OL...(overpriced)

Quick Reply: Rub Rail not centered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.