Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Shogren, got a serious question for you. >

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Notices

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

If I was Scott Shogen i would not discuss this issue in the public. This is a very common sales tatic to keep customers in there selling area. This is nothing new. Some dealers run their business on volume. Others run it gross profit per unit.

As far as pricing per boat, most dealers will make that decsion on how long the have had the boat under there floor plan.

I am glad we have dealers like Shorgen that keep the market place priced aggressive.

This is nothing new.........
Old 01-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
FeverMike, can you give Scott Shogren a PM??? I thought that it only applied to new boats. What about if you bought a boat from me??? Used, let's say. OK, I buy it from whomever you want, the next day, I sell it to you. You just bought a USED boat. That way, you bought it from a private party, right? The warranty is transferable, right? Your local dealer sees that you purchased a used boat from a private party. Why should they refuse to do any workon it for you?? Don't make much sense to me at all.

Like I said earlier, if you need an address in Chicago, just let me know.

Frank
I did PM Shogren. My neighbor down the street bought a used 47 from Shogren.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
If I was Scott Shogen i would not discuss this issue in the public. This is a very common sales tatic to keep customers in there selling area. This is nothing new. Some dealers run their business on volume. Others run it gross profit per unit.

As far as pricing per boat, most dealers will make that decsion on how long the have had the boat under there floor plan.

I am glad we have dealers like Shorgen that keep the market place priced aggressive.

This is nothing new.........
Pretty much a true statement. those of you in Chicago or near have a great thing going...excellent service after the sale and the best prices going on Fountains...I have excellent service with my local dealer because I bought my Fountain from them. I got a fair deal on my trade and the purchase of my new boat because it is a Fountain fishing boat. My dealer does not stock high perf Fountains therefore I do not believe they can or will give out deals like Shogren does. If I get back into a hi-perf boat again I probably will not be able to do it with Fountain and get the deal I want.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Shogren Performance Marine, located in Waukegan, Illinois received the 'Dealer of the Year' Award for 2006 with sales of approximately $8.6 million. "

Gee I wonder how they earned that?...

Scott, will your Dealer service my boat? I bought it from Skipper Buds, right in your backyard on top of it.

Last edited by Back4More; 01-16-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
"Shogren Performance Marine, located in Waukegan, Illinois received the 'Dealer of the Year' Award for 2006 with sales of approximately $8.6 million. "

Gee I wonder how they earned that?...

Scott, will your Dealer service my boat? I bought it from Skipper Buds, right in your backyard on top of it.
You just do not understand the main problem here do you...none of you seem to grasp the problem.

My dealer will do service (paid) on any boat..ok got that?!?! My dealer does not want to do WARRANTY WORK on Fountains that local guys go elsewhere and buy. UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
You just do not understand the main problem here do you...none of you seem to grasp the problem.

My dealer will do service (paid) on any boat..ok got that?!?! My dealer does not want to do WARRANTY WORK on Fountains that local guys go elsewhere and buy. UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM?
Mike,

Fountain warranties the boat for one year right? The power can be serviced by any Merc dealer so with the monster savings ( 50K on the 42X you quoted), why not just pay for anything the boat needs warranty or not? 50K goes a long way!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Mike,

Fountain warranties the boat for one year right? The power can be serviced by any Merc dealer so with the monster savings ( 50K on the 42X you quoted), why not just pay for anything the boat needs warranty or not? 50K goes a long way!
because he's still gonna get put waaaay in the back of the priority line there locally, where and when he needs it.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds to me like his dealer much rather work on outboards vs Merc big Blocks
Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
because he's still gonna get put waaaay in the back of the priority line there locally, where and when he needs it.
My $.02.....I think the guy that buys a new boat from them every 2-3 years and pays the extra $50K should get a certain amount of priority.

Boats bought elsewhere still must be serviced, but if I an busy and have to pick which boats aren't going to get touched for a few weeks, it isn't going to be the guy that buys new boats from me!

If he is refusing to do any work at all then that is absurd! The rest is simply providing the best customer service with the resources available. (limited mechanics, too many people breaking chit in the summer!)
Old 01-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike

Mike...Understand your problem completly. Bought a 2000 32 Fever from Pier 57. Live in Md. Local dealer at the time was All Pro Marine, in Md. Had bought a 27 Fever new from him. When it was time to move up, he didnt have a 32 with power I wanted and didnt want to order a boat. Talked to David Woods and worked a deal. Called All Pro from the hotel in Pickwick Tenn, said this is the deal, match the price and get the boat and I will buy it from you. All Pro said that he couldnt sell the boat at that price. 6 Months later, lost a gimbal bearing, and a seam in the rear bench came apart. Yep, my boat sat at All Pro for a month. Fountain warrented the work on the seat. But it took way too long on the repair. Soooo, do you want to save money on the sale, or do you want to keep your local dealer happy? and take a chance on service? My thought, Call Scott or Greg at Shogren's. With the Chicago Boat show they may be a little busy, maybe they can work a deal through your local dealer and both will be happy. If it can be done, those guys will make it happen.

Quick Reply: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.