Best prop for 29 >

Best prop for 29

Notices

Best prop for 29

Old 02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best prop for 29

I want 2 know what some of you guys think is the best overal prop. Ive got an 05 29 w/ 575. I have been told to try the p5x. So far I have ran 81 with 30b1 @5300 and ran 79 with 28 maxinus @5200. I believe I should be goin faster. What do you all think.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you should be going faster. I have GPS'd right at 80 with a 28B1 (in perfect conditions) and I run a 525. In the summer or rougher water, I've been running a 26". Boat tops out at 75 no matter what (full load/fuel etc...) Talk to Julie over at Throttle Up. She says 5 blades do work on them and are great for midrange acceleration, but not top speed. Also, drop your tabs to the '2' on the indicator. You should pick up another 1 or 2 mph. Also, you shouldn't really need a whole lot of positive trim on the outdrive. You might be slipping a bit.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hydromotive props always worked best on my 29 w/HP500. Throttle Up will be your best bet for prop advice and buy or having props worked on.
Get this done BEFORE the racing season starts up because Throttle Up will be ultra busy.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Yes you should be going faster. I have GPS'd right at 80 with a 28B1 (in perfect conditions) and I run a 525. In the summer or rougher water, I've been running a 26". Boat tops out at 75 no matter what (full load/fuel etc...) Talk to Julie over at Throttle Up. She says 5 blades do work on them and are great for midrange acceleration, but not top speed. Also, drop your tabs to the '2' on the indicator. You should pick up another 1 or 2 mph. Also, you shouldn't really need a whole lot of positive trim on the outdrive. You might be slipping a bit.
Ive been runnin with the tabs all the way up, why drop them to 2? I havent run the boat in perfect conditions yet, either not enough chop, or to much weight.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it has something to do with stern lift. The tabs get parallel with the water around that setting and could have that "ground effect" like an airplane when it is close to the ground and pick up the stern a little bit and getting more of the boat out of the water. I thought it was weird too, but I tried it and it does pick up almost 2, even in smooth water and even at a cruise. You can call the factory and get the performance data on your boat since all Fountains are run (some even by Reggie) before they leave the factory. It will have the speeds along with drive and tab settings throughout the speed curve. Even the right settings at cruise will save you fuel. I've driven almost every kind of boat since I was in grade school, but these things are very different from everything else out there. It is a very "involved" hull to run. It is a different beast at different speeds. If you call Fountain, have your hull ID # ready and they can get you the info.