Fountain Improvement Ideas >

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Notices

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fountain Improvement Ideas

What do you Fountain owners and non-Fountain owners feel that Fountain should improve upon with the company and boats they produce?

I will go 1st:

1-cleaner electrical wire rigging under the dash. Compare a Fountain to a Cigarette or the Concept I last owned and you can see that Fountain really needs to clean up the wire looms and routing.

2- before delivery the guts of the boat need to be cleaned and washed out of all building debree. The last 2 Fountains I have bought brand new have had the drain holes in the hull clog up with saw dust, washers, screws, tie wraps and a piece of cloth.

3- Offer a amenity delete option of sinks, refrigerator, TV stereo on the performance boats and finish the cabin off like Cigarette does with out these items.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left or right hand sticks
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

1- more graphic choices
2- dash layout different (can't read some gauges while driving)
3- the backs on the bolsters need to be a little taller
Old 03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

Just plain fit & finish. How you can send a 100-400k
boat out the door with carpet strands hanging out,
carpet glue all over,wiring that looks like a kid did
it. Blotches of gel coat everywhere,screws hanging
out...is beyond me.
A dealer told me the last 20 hrs of production is
done in the dealers service dept. Sad
Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike I would say also a cleaner electrical wire rigging under the dash.My Hustler looks like a race car wiring.

Also make the dash more rounded instead of a flat panel.

I like the new style cockpit interior.Could be a little deeper.

V berth needs a liner ,makes it stronger also and the bath room no carpet.If the carpet up front gets wet or stained

If I had one I would have to have right hand sticks.

as far as crap in the drain holes.My Hustler and Scarab had junk in them,part of it I guess.

Mike like the Hustler option Poker Run edition plain jane v berth makes them faster,lighter,cheaper, but I notice they dont resale to good with out the standard interior

Rob
Old 03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
1-cleaner electrical wire rigging under the dash. Compare a Fountain to a Cigarette or the Concept I last owned and you can see that Fountain really needs to clean up the wire looms and routing.

2- before delivery the guts of the boat need to be cleaned and washed out of all building debree. The last 2 Fountains I have bought brand new have had the drain holes in the hull clog up with saw dust, washers, screws, tie wraps and a piece of cloth.

I agree with these 2 itiems. While running water lines in the space between the gas tank and floor, it shocked me to see all the crap left in there. Don't use a mirror to look under the floor from inside the side storage compartments. It'll make you sick. Just plain lack of pride in doing your job in my opinion.
plus...
Be nice if the wiring could be done better along the underside of the gunwells(sp). Kinda hanging loose and coiled up from that 1 size harness fits every model size boat. But not a biggy.

My #1 peeve....
Cut those 3" long bolts off flush with the the nylocks that hold the side panels and seats in. Or heres a noble idea, use SHORTER bolts. PITA to store stuff in the side compartments w/o catching and tearing them when trying to remove them. I cut all mine off flush. Should not have had to do that myself.

Fountain makes a nice boat. I made it better.

Still love my Fountain. clothing and all.

Uh, aren't we giving the non Fountain owner guys ammo?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-02-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by epeek
boat out the door with carpet strands hanging out,
carpet glue all over,

I noticed that too. The carpeting in the side storage compartments and inside the rear bench seat is glued in, THEN the white paint is slapped on. All over the edges of the carpeting. I guess as long as it's out of sight from the dock, it's an acceptable practice.

I hate to say this and may get chit about it, but I have a buddy that has a Bayliner 26' cruiser that does not have these issues.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

I agree with epeek and Mike.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

They need to wake up and start offering world class service. Reggie needs to take a look at all the boats as they are being produced. Stop going to the tobacao fields for minimum wage workers for final assembly. Return phone calls instead of just promising to.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xsFountain
More wild paint jobs!
Fountain has there standard paint jobs (boring as they may be) or they will sub out to the painter of your choice. Lots of other builders do the same.

Quick Reply: Fountain Improvement Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.