Need opinions and be open >

Need opinions and be open

Notices

Need opinions and be open

Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suprcush

I have a 29' baja with twin 500hp's and think that the performance outway's the leagnth by far. This is my first performance boat and I love it. I have a friend with a 525 hp fountian and it is funny how I rule his every move. I am a first baja owner and would like to get opinions on my next boat or should I keep this monster???
Old 03-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jcushman
I have a 29' baja with twin 500hp's and think that the performance outway's the leagnth by far. This is my first performance boat and I love it. I have a friend with a 525 hp fountian and it is funny how I rule his every move.

Baja is a nice boat but once you step up to a Fountain or Cig, Nortech or any of the real offshore boats, you will wonder how you lived with the Baha.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

35!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak42
Wait for the 35. Or if you don't have to have new, look around at all the great deals on used boats and maybe pick up a used 38 or 42.
I agree.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated

Baja is a nice boat but once you step up to a Fountain or Cig, Nortech or any of the real offshore boats, you will wonder how you lived with the Baha.
Which Baja's have you owned?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jcushman
I have a 29' baja with twin 500hp's and think that the performance outway's the leagnth by far. This is my first performance boat and I love it. I have a friend with a 525 hp fountian and it is funny how I rule his every move. I am a first baja owner and would like to get opinions on my next boat or should I keep this monster???
All depends on budget... A 35 Fountain, Formula, or Baja would be a nice step up. If the checkbook is bigger then the sky's the limit.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jmeng
Which Baja's have you owned?

I have not owned a Baja. I sea trialed several of them and never found one that impressed me with ride and rattles. Everyone I drove or rode in sounded like it was going to come apart at any time. And this is on a lake. Granted, the newest one I was in was 2001 so maybe they have gotten better in the last few years but I doubt they are of the quality of Fountain, Cig, Nortech or Outer Limits. And price reflects that.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

No they're not on the same level as Fountain but its not a huge difference, at least from the examples I've seen. Neither is on the same level as Cig, NorTech, etc. But I wouldn't say that they aren't a real boat.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

I don't know but the new 35 outlaws are pretty darn fast though.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
No they're not on the same level as Fountain but its not a huge difference, at least from the examples I've seen. Neither is on the same level as Cig, NorTech, etc. But I wouldn't say that they aren't a real boat.
I still own my 33 Baja, and it's up for sale. It is a GREAT first offshore boat. Fast enough, 74 mph, two good engines 496HO, twin engine handling and docking and a superior ride foot for foot as the Baja Outlaw series has neither a beak up front or a swim platform or notch transom in back to add to the advertised "length". Its a true 33 foot boat, as compared to my 42 Fouintain which is actually a 38 foot boat (I measured it). And...the GIRLS just Love BAJAS!

2004 BAJA 33 Outlaw SST For Sale Showroom Clean see ads!

Quick Reply: Need opinions and be open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.