Siren noise behind the dash >

Siren noise behind the dash

Notices

Siren noise behind the dash

Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Sorry you took it as a smart ass comment. If you have checked all the fluid levels, the temp senders and the pressure senders, then you could be getting a whine through your speakers if you have more than the two under the rear seat from your electrical system. Your original statement was vauge and you do not mention the year of your rig. When I redid my dash I added warning light to the 3 sensors. My advice would be for you to call Fountain and ask for technical assistance. I have seen both good and bad comments on this and other boards on their customer service, but I have had nothing but good service from all of their departments. And believe me, I have talked to a lot of folks at Fountain. They know their stuff. My boat is old and been kept up to date by myself through their help. If you lived near us I would more than welcome you to come by and I would be willing to go over the boat from front to back to find the problem. Good luck with your problem.
Sorry I jumped at you. Boat is an 04 35 ex with 496s. The noise was just plain strange and seemed so out of place and with it being gone I am still scratching my head. I only have the two speakers under the back seat inthe cockpit and the two in the cabin turned off. I appreciate your help. Its tough to fix something that is no longer there. Boat runs great - always has - even with that temporary noise.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Just woke up and thought of this:
Do you have:
Carbon Monoxide Detector?
Gasoline Fume Detector?
Highwater bilge alarm?
Any other added on electronics?
How about an electronic compass? I had all these on a 320 Baja. That SOB was always having an alarm go off somewhere. Ended up finding a looses ground wire on the ground plate behind the dash and it was resetting all the defaults on the alarms.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member

I think I know what you heard. I have a 35 classic, and heard the same kind of Siren noise yesterday. It was the wind wistling through and past the windshield.

I was running downwind on Lake Havasu and all seemed normal, then I turned back toward the marina, up wind, about 15+ knot wind and I heard this strange siren sound that I had never heard before. Looked at all of the guages, all was normal, didn't sound like any of the gauge warning sounds that I had heard before. Then I realized it was the wind comming past the venturi windshield.
David
Old 05-25-2007, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
I think I know what you heard. I have a 35 classic, and heard the same kind of Siren noise yesterday. It was the wind wistling through and past the windshield.

I was running downwind on Lake Havasu and all seemed normal, then I turned back toward the marina, up wind, about 15+ knot wind and I heard this strange siren sound that I had never heard before. Looked at all of the guages, all was normal, didn't sound like any of the gauge warning sounds that I had heard before. Then I realized it was the wind comming past the venturi windshield.
David
My 05 35' Executioner would do the same thing in a strong head wind. I didn't know what was going on the first time i heard it.

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 05-25-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
My 05 35' Executioner would do the same thing in a strong head wind. I didn't know what was going on the first time i heard it.
I think you guys have something with this. At first my wife and I thought it was the wind but it really sounded like it was coming from behind the dash. I looked at the connector plate between the windshield halfs and saw that a couple of the rubber inserts had bulged pushing the cover washers up somewhat. I called Fountain and had them send me a dozen of each and since I replaced them the noise has been gone. Maybe this was the fix or mabey it is a coincidence but both of you came up with the same thing. The only thing - it really sounded like it was coming from behind the dash from both the passenger seat and the driver seat, but heck. you both made me feel better about it since both of you have experianced it and it turned out to be nothing but the wind. Thanks to both you and David for your responses. BTW - I was the one who called you on your maximus props last summer the week you sold your EX. I hope all is well with the Active Shack and she is all you hoped she would be.

PS - there was a 15 to 20 mph headwind when the noise started.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 05-25-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Thanks to everybody for your responses - they are all greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was it the cops chasing you? I have had that happen!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Was it the cops chasing you? I have had that happen!
They stopped with the chasing - now they just come right to the house.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
I think you guys have something with this. At first my wife and I thought it was the wind but it really sounded like it was coming from behind the dash. I looked at the connector plate between the windshield halfs and saw that a couple of the rubber inserts had bulged pushing the cover washers up somewhat. I called Fountain and had them send me a dozen of each and since I replaced them the noise has been gone. Maybe this was the fix or mabey it is a coincidence but both of you came up with the same thing. The only thing - it really sounded like it was coming from behind the dash from both the passenger seat and the driver seat, but heck. you both made me feel better about it since both of you have experianced it and it turned out to be nothing but the wind. Thanks to both you and David for your responses. BTW - I was the one who called you on your maximus props last summer the week you sold your EX. I hope all is well with the Active Shack and she is all you hoped she would be.

PS - there was a 15 to 20 mph headwind when the noise started.
I thought you were the same guy that called me about the props. We're real happy with the new boat. Its named "OVERACTIVE". Did you ever get the 5 blades for yours ?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I thought you were the same guy that called me about the props. We're real happy with the new boat. Its named "OVERACTIVE". Did you ever get the 5 blades for yours ?
Not yet but I just met a guy who has a 42 poker run that has an extra set of 32 lab max that I am going to try. Figure that at 3k for the props it is better to try before I buy. Glad to see your happy with "OVERACTIVE" - great name for it.

Quick Reply: Siren noise behind the dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.