Siren noise behind the dash >

Siren noise behind the dash

Notices

Siren noise behind the dash

Old 05-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Siren noise behind the dash

Boat was run at 50 about 20 miles and then at 1000 RPM for 1.5 hours and then back up to 50 for about 20 minutes when I started hearing this siren type noise from behind the dash. I could hear it over the exhaust and the wife heard it also and from the passenger seat she said it seemed like it was comming from behind the dash. It is speed sensative and doesnt come in untill I was at 50 MPH and just started today. All guages read normal boat's running just fine. Everthing looks good in the engine compartment. I am failing to see what behind the dash board could make this type of noise. Any Ideas? Thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That could be the Guardian Alarm. But most times, if it was, the computer would restrict power severely. Another thought, albeit strange..........see if you have a depth alarm for your depthfinder. In my 29, I turn it off because at higher speeds it only reads intermittently. Did you notice what RPM the engines were when this happened? You might need to have someone (mech) plug in to see what's up with the computer or get a code reader yourself. Look in your manual about some of the different alarms and try to match what you heard to the alarm listed. For example, my MAP sensor went a little screwy in my boat. When I was idling, the alarm went through a particular cycle, but only once. The Guardian mode did not restrict power as this was not a high level alarm. My boat just ran a little on the rich side and a little slower and a new MAP sensor costs about 50 bucks. I was able to look that alarm in the book. Good Luck
Old 05-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Boat was run at 50 about 20 miles and then at 1000 RPM for 1.5 hours and then back up to 50 for about 20 minutes when I started hearing this siren type noise from behind the dash. I could hear it over the exhaust and the wife heard it also and from the passenger seat she said it seemed like it was comming from behind the dash. It is speed sensative and doesnt come in untill I was at 50 MPH and just started today. All guages read normal boat's running just fine. Everthing looks good in the engine compartment. I am failing to see what behind the dash board could make this type of noise. Any Ideas? Thanks
I had that happen twice. Once it was for low drive fluid and once the air temp sensor went bad. Both were cheap to fix but drive me crazy all day long. (until I disconnected the siren)
Old 05-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I had that happen twice. Once it was for low drive fluid and once the air temp sensor went bad. Both were cheap to fix but drive me crazy all day long. (until I disconnected the siren)
so there is actually a siren behing the dash? And where might it be? Thanks for the response

Last edited by 35 fountain; 05-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
That could be the Guardian Alarm. But most times, if it was, the computer would restrict power severely. Another thought, albeit strange..........see if you have a depth alarm for your depthfinder. In my 29, I turn it off because at higher speeds it only reads intermittently. Did you notice what RPM the engines were when this happened? You might need to have someone (mech) plug in to see what's up with the computer or get a code reader yourself. Look in your manual about some of the different alarms and try to match what you heard to the alarm listed. For example, my MAP sensor went a little screwy in my boat. When I was idling, the alarm went through a particular cycle, but only once. The Guardian mode did not restrict power as this was not a high level alarm. My boat just ran a little on the rich side and a little slower and a new MAP sensor costs about 50 bucks. I was able to look that alarm in the book. Good Luck
It may have to come to that. My tech scanned for codes at the end of last season and found a few seconds of guardian for low block pressure which we figured came from water pressure during winterization. I'll check the DF. I just check drive fluid before I left but I'll check it again - Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your drive fluid most common also low water pressure
Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Ok ,,, I could not resist this one.... READ YOUR MANUAL...If you are driving a performance boat or whatever and you don't know that there are alarms behind the dash. STOP .. Turn Off The Boat and throw away the key!! Don't get behind the wheel again until you learn more about the rocket you are driving on the water. If you do not have a manual, you can go online to Fountains website and print one out or watch the video by Reggie on how to operate your boat and use the controls.

Last edited by Helmwurst; 05-23-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Ok ,,, I could not resist this one.... READ YOUR MANUAL...If you are driving a performance boat or whatever and you don't know that there are alarms behind the dash. STOP .. Turn Off The Boat and throw away the key!! Don't get behind the wheel again until you learn more about the rocket you are driving on the water. If you do not have a manual, you can go online to Fountains website and print one out or watch the video by Reggie on how to operate your boat and use the controls.
I didnt ask whether there were alarms behind the dash. I know what the hell is back there, however nothing in the way of the noise I heard could have been produced by the either of the three alarms. If you havent heard what I described then keep your smart a$$ coments to yourself. I was looking for help - not a lecture.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 05-23-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Been out twice since I heard that siren noise and whatever it was is gone. It was tough to nail it down as it was too rough to let the wife drive so I could stick my head under the dash. It was'nt the low oil, drive fluid, or temperature alarm and it wasnt the guardian alarm and it was'nt the depth finder alarm. It sounded like a siren and I knew it wasnt serious as all of my guages were reading correctly. It is gone now and I dont think I will ever hear it again - just a gut feeling. Thanks to all who tried to be helpful - if it re-appears and I find it, I 'll let you all know.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 05-23-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Sorry you took it as a smart ass comment. If you have checked all the fluid levels, the temp senders and the pressure senders, then you could be getting a whine through your speakers if you have more than the two under the rear seat from your electrical system. Your original statement was vauge and you do not mention the year of your rig. When I redid my dash I added warning light to the 3 sensors. My advice would be for you to call Fountain and ask for technical assistance. I have seen both good and bad comments on this and other boards on their customer service, but I have had nothing but good service from all of their departments. And believe me, I have talked to a lot of folks at Fountain. They know their stuff. My boat is old and been kept up to date by myself through their help. If you lived near us I would more than welcome you to come by and I would be willing to go over the boat from front to back to find the problem. Good luck with your problem.

Quick Reply: Siren noise behind the dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.