Ski behind a Fountain? >

Ski behind a Fountain?

Notices

Ski behind a Fountain?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ski behind a Fountain?

Not your normal Fountain question, but I'm looking to get into a 27 or 29' Fever, but need to be able to ski/wakeboard behind it. Is it even possible behind a Fountain? Simple prop change, or are the drives too high?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

we ski and tube behind my 29 all the time........the key is a really long rope....like double length of normal ski rope or more......you get out behind the roughed up portion of the wake where the water from both sides of the boat meet and make like a little "roost" its really quite calm......my boat falls off plane with the Mirage 3 blades at about 30 mph so its a fast ride........some 4 blades will get you down to about 25 I hear
Attached Thumbnails Ski behind a Fountain?-holidays-025.jpg  
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

30 would be ok for slalom, but need 20-22 mph for wakeboards.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

Tried it with my 27 Fever and it was a waste of time and money. Like pullmytrigger said a long rope is a must and its a fast ride and it stings when you fall off. If the people you are towing are not real good than it will take all the fun outta learing belive me.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Used to slalom behind my 27 for years. Used a 100' rope. Great for jumping waves, not too good for sharp cuts, always slack in the rope!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In short..........No. Maybe some other water toys like the above pic, but not wakeboarding. My 29 takes forever to plane out and almost can't hold 22mph. And I don't think anyone's ever put a tower on them anyways. They just were not built for that in mind. Living in Orlando, I get that question ALL the time. "Can you wakeboard behind it?" I reply, "No" They reply, "well what do you do with it then?" I reply, "Hawlass!!!!" Actually I'm getting so sick of the question and wakeboarding in general, (oversaturated here in Otown) I'll just slap the next person who asks! J/K.............maybe
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Hey oneski, there is lots of great deals on older inboard ski boats out there right now. If you are serious about skiing or wakeboarding it may be better to get two boats I know it may sound like a stretch, but if you have room to store them both, you will be happier in the end. Besides, half the wear and tear on each boat and the fuel you save with the ski boat will take care of the cost of maintenance and insurance for the inboard!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

I'm glad i got a fountain then, I use the flying manta ray tube and my old CC could only do about 50mph which was juuuust enough, its going to be a painful year.

Also in Extreme boats they had pics of a ski race behind high performance boats up to 90ish i believe, check it out...I think it was Catilina.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

You will need to under prop it to make an OK tow boat....ive never seen one with a tow eye. Doesnt sound fun to me. Find a person with a ski boat and trade him fast rides for pulling your kids.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

Mine has a factory ski eye (think its factory that is), its right under the stern light approx 3" below

Last edited by prostock85; 05-21-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Ski behind a Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.