Water in forward bilge 35 Lightning classic >

Water in forward bilge 35 Lightning classic

Notices

Water in forward bilge 35 Lightning classic

Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in forward bilge 35 Lightning classic

I have a 2000 35 Lightning Classic and there is always water in the forward bilge. I seems to travel back and forth between just below the step into the cabin and up under the bunk below the hatches for storage. The bilge pump below the step can't pump it completely dry. Does anyone else have this problem? Where does the water come from? How can I get it dried out and kept dry? Any help/advice would be appreciated.
TIA
David
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

you might try a wet vac and suck it out, use the hole under the cabin step. also check your sink drain hoses for leaks, maybe the water is coming in there
Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by H2Xmark
you might try a wet vac and suck it out, use the hole under the cabin step. also check your sink drain hoses for leaks, maybe the water is coming in there
I did use a wet or dry shop vac and got it as dry as I could, although the angle the boat sets on the trailer may have prevented me from getting all of it out. The sink drains seem to be ok, drain to the outside. I am not so sure that the ice chest is doing what it is supposed to. When I pour water into the ice chest I can't see where it comes out although it does seem to end up in the aft bilge.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered

My 35 FOUNTAIN HAS THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH I BELEAVE I HAVE CORRECTED. IN UPGRADING OUR MUSIC SYSTEM WE REMOVED THE ICE BOX TO GET ACCESS TO THE EXISTING AMP. DICOVERING THE ICE BOX DRAIN HOSE HADE WORKED ITS WAY FROM ITS INTENDED LOCATION. REMOVE THE PORT SIDE SPEAKER, THE CLEAR HOSE SHOULD BE LOCATED IN A DRAIN HOLE THAT RUNS UNDER THE GUNNEL WHICH IS ALSO SHARED WITH THE FLOOR DRAIN IN THE REAR SEAT AREA, POUR A LITTLE WATER IN THAT DRAIN YOU WILL SEE WERE IT COMES OUT AT IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.THEN DO THE SAME IN THE ICE BOX TO COFIRM ITS DRAINING PROPERLY. GOOD LUCK
Old 05-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My 35 lightning 2001 modle had the same problem till I got a bow cover. I think when it rained water entered through the anchor hatch.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alot of the the 35's have this issue. you can remove the bow light ans re seael or install a permanent style which will stop the leak. or use a style from say livorsi that has a catch basin under it with a drain similiar to the ones used for recessing cleats.
or you can make sure the anchor locker is properly sealed and the drain is functioning properly.

any of these 3 should solve your issue if its not as the others have posted.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Bo....call me. Fuel pressure issue
Old 05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by iboatfast
My 35 FOUNTAIN HAS THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH I BELEAVE I HAVE CORRECTED. IN UPGRADING OUR MUSIC SYSTEM WE REMOVED THE ICE BOX TO GET ACCESS TO THE EXISTING AMP. DICOVERING THE ICE BOX DRAIN HOSE HADE WORKED ITS WAY FROM ITS INTENDED LOCATION. REMOVE THE PORT SIDE SPEAKER, THE CLEAR HOSE SHOULD BE LOCATED IN A DRAIN HOLE THAT RUNS UNDER THE GUNNEL WHICH IS ALSO SHARED WITH THE FLOOR DRAIN IN THE REAR SEAT AREA, POUR A LITTLE WATER IN THAT DRAIN YOU WILL SEE WERE IT COMES OUT AT IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.THEN DO THE SAME IN THE ICE BOX TO COFIRM ITS DRAINING PROPERLY. GOOD LUCK
Thank you for that lead, I will take a look, I had suspected the the Ice chest had something to do with it. When I pour water into it, I can't figure out where it goes. I will take a look tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
My 35 lightning 2001 modle had the same problem till I got a bow cover. I think when it rained water entered through the anchor hatch.
Anchor Hatch???? I don't have an anchor hatch, is that something that came on newer boats or was an option. There is a plastic vent up front in the left side of the hull, but no access to where the rope locker should be.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by monstaaa
alot of the the 35's have this issue. you can remove the bow light ans re seael or install a permanent style which will stop the leak. or use a style from say livorsi that has a catch basin under it with a drain similiar to the ones used for recessing cleats.
or you can make sure the anchor locker is properly sealed and the drain is functioning properly.

any of these 3 should solve your issue if its not as the others have posted.
Thanks Monstaaa,
I will take a look, I have a feeling it is to do with the ice chest.
David

Quick Reply: Water in forward bilge 35 Lightning classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.