Water in forward bilge? >

Water in forward bilge?

Notices

Water in forward bilge?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in forward bilge?

I know that this has been dicussed before, but I have water in the hole under my step going in to the cabin. I checked the sink drain and the cooler and both seem to be draining outside correctly. I also had water in the left storage under the bed in the front compartment. The compartment doesnot seem to have a drain therefore I am puzzled how it got there. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

ok well i was the one who answered this before and so i will tell u now........it got there from the bilge in the back of the boat there should be 2 drain holes in the bottom of the bilge where the motors are and that is what drains the front of the boat...... and the water that is in that front storage may be comming from the bow light or the cleat in the front of the boat (may not be sealed correctly) and u said there isnt but i believe that there is supposed to have 2 drain holes in that storage part..........
i hope i explained this clearly if not please let me know and i will try to clear it up a little.......
Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

No i did not see any in the storage part. The two front ones have the drains but two side one that are right past the bulkhead do not and if they do they are very small. And I do not think that the anchor/center storage has a drain either. (the very center one)
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member

I believe the water can run back and forth between the forward compartments and the area under the step. However the bulkhead at the aft end of the step is sealed and doesn't connect to anything in the rear of the boat.

Also the center section where the gas tanks are located is sealed so that no gas or fumes can go to the engine compartment or to the cabin.

Outboard of the stringers and aft of the step bulkhead does drain to the real bilget, and just ahead of the transom the lower corners of the stringers are trimmed off so that water can run into the center bilge area.

Hope this helps, if not call Fountain Tech support, they were very helpful when I was trying to understand how everything worked.

David