Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drstevethiele
sell the sizzle not the steak
mission accomplished
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApachePete
I'm not a Fountain critic or fan, but I think you've got admit that, if you want to RACE and win, Fountain is your best choice.

They are fast. They win.

The results speak for themselves.

But, if you want to go offshore-boating for FUN, as 99% of us do, be it poker-runs, or (more likely), just having fun, then OL, Skater, MTI, Cig, Sunsation, Donzi, Formula, Nor-Tech (even Apache!) and several others are better choices.

Race=Fountain

Offshore Enthusiasts = Skater, MTI, OL, Cig etc. . . . and Fountain, too.

If you've been in a NorTech 39 and a Fountain 42, you know that they are as different as a 430 Modena Ferrari and a 427 Cobra. Both are fantastic, but with little in common other than speed.

Two very different worlds.

I agree that the most recent Fountain ads project an insecure, defensive posture. Sort of the "little-guy," Joe Pesce thing from Wise Guys.

But, as he would say, "WTF!"

Reggie doesn't need to be that way. He really is the KING of offshore racing today!

That's a great accomplishment.

But it really doesn't amount to **** for the majority of offshore enthusiasts, anymore than the results of NASCAR do when we decide what brand of car to buy.

Ford?

Chevy?

Dodge?

Not for the offshore guys I know!

So let Reggie's ad-guys do their macho-thing. (Does Reggie even knows what they're doing? I suspect he's far more cool than his ads are.) The 99% of us who aren't on the race courses will select boats based on much more than their racing chops.
you forgot Toyota....good night tulip heads.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

good point toyota surpassed gm as the #1 car mfg this yr
Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

That's it!!!!! I'm going this weekend to buy a Fountain!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Thats all you have is " your daddy's boat" isn't it. Why dont you talk to people that actually count in this sport and they'll tell you about me. Just because I dont own a boat money wise I take care and run them probably more than you do buddy. And just because you own a boat that allows you to talk smack as well?? Look in an upcoming issue of Poker Runs America. You'll know when you see me!!
I am not sure why the "Daddy's Boat" comment was inserted, but that does refer to me too. I have been boating with my father forever, it is what I enjoy. I drive the boat, look for people to race, and try to help him with the boat in my limited capacity. SO WHAT I DO NOT OWN A BOAT. Yeah, I take the daddy's boat stuff as an insult, but it is an accurate statement, it is a family outing each Sunday, I have no problem with that. I will take the Daddy's Boat insult, it well worth it in dollars and cents.

Last edited by Smarty; 08-09-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Smarty
I am not sure why the "Daddy's Boat" comment was inserted, but that does refer to me too. I have been boating with my father forever, it is what I enjoy. I drive the boat, look for people to race, and try to help him with the boat in my limited capacity. SO WHAT I DO NOT OWN A BOAT. I have probably much more seat time than 75% of the boat owners on this f*cking board, and seat time at WOT.

Yeah, I take the daddy's boat stuff as an insult, but it is an accurate statement. So call me what you want, but I am not half the retard that some of insulters are in that I do not need to go spend $80K-$350K so I can go drive a boat, it is there for the cost of gas and ramp fee on any Sunday, it is a family outing each Sunday, I have no problem with that. I will take the Daddy's Boat insult, it well worth it in dollars and cents.
Oh, so your daddy is the retard who spent the money and now you are the chit b/c he lets drive him around. I dont think this is the place to have a p*nis size match. It was a all in fun at first.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I am not about to get into an argument on this board about me driving my father's boat. I am not that cocky or conceited, my point was posted in CAPS (re-read that main point). So what I do not own a boat. Does that mean you are not allowed to have an opinion or provide help to members on this board? Not sure who you are or why you want to get into it with me. I have been a member on this board for almost seven years, and I am not typically at the center of controversy, and typically don't start sh*t.

To address your comment, my father is not the retard or half-the-retard, he is just more financially secure than me. And launching a 34' boat by yourself at a ramp is not easy, so I go with him when I can.

I did not start the insult to anyone in this thread, I just responded. (I have edited the response, as to not insult, or offend anyone).

Last edited by Smarty; 08-09-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I read the ad last night for the first time. I din't see anything else other than a proud man telling his side of a story and boasting about his many accomplishments. Reggie has accomplished alot and his hulls are researched and refined constantly proving it. He puts the R+D time in and gets the positive results. The sport is definetely better due to him and while I find his ad amusing as well as interesting, I am not offended one bit. I still will give the man credit where credit is due.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I think the "daddy's boat" comment was used and directed at one person. Not a generalization. Im glad you get out there anyway you can and Im glad you have been a member here for 7 yrs. Perhaps I had no business responding to any of this, so I wont in the future. If his comments seemed like an insult to you, then yours seemed like an insult to others. Im not trying to start anything here. Just trying to set the record straight, and get on about reggies ridiculous advertisement and the shenanigans that foutain vs. everybody else brings with it. Cool?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
The factory is in the middle of nowhere though.
Yep, right on the water where each boat is tested from a ISO 9001 state of the art factory. I am not saying the build the best or better or whatever but for someone to claim they are backwoods is not at all acurate.

Quick Reply: New Fountain ad in Powerboat!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.