35 Lightning running costs >

35 Lightning running costs

Notices

35 Lightning running costs

Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pookie
That looks like an excellent price for insurance! What is the company or underwriter?
Pook - I have it insured with Allstate. I am sure that takes into account that the season here is from April 1 through October 31st. $500 deductable. The only thing you have to be careful with is this is an "actual cash value policy" which means that in the event of a total loss, you get the book value of the boat. That is ok as long as you paid less than the book value for it. I have found that the stated value policies cost a little more - Progressive wanted $1450 for their stated value policy but with this type of policy you have an agreed value that you would get in the event of a total loss. The agreed value would probably be the way to go if you bought a brand new boat that will get hit with severe depreciation over the first 3 years.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 11-24-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

v6 vitaras curb weight is 3500lb and towing capacity 3000lb haha so way out of spec - that said it has low ratio transfer case and lockable diffs - theres a chance....not a major worry at the moment though, prizing a couple of hundred k out the wifes bank account is! i wonder if vitaras float?

Last edited by fbrs; 11-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fbrs
v6 vitaras curb weight is 3500lb and towing capacity 3000lb haha so way out of spec - that said it has low ratio transfer case and lockable diffs - theres a chance....not a major worry at the moment though, prizing a couple of hundred k out the wifes bank account is! i wonder if vitaras float?
Son - vitaras dont float and that little toy aint gonna yank a 35 fountain (or anything else 35') up a ramp. Why is all the money in the wife's account? A few of myfriends had that arrangement and when it went bad guess who ended up with the money. Get that cash back now and blow it all on a boat. Dont ask for permission - much easier to ask for forgivenes and at least you will have your boat - where is the down side here? You get a new boat and a new truck and your wife is broke - all sounds good to me
Old 11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

haha - i didnt say all the money was in her account.... there's no harm getting her to pay for it though!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

I have a 35 Lightening Classic, 525's SC's, I don't keep track of what it costs.
The only reason I work hard is so I can have a boat like this, and it's worth every cent.
Good luck, I hope you enjoy your boat as much as I do.
~~ Reggie
Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Registered

Thanks Reggie, i was the same with my cars, far better not knowing, but I always thought boats were far worse, actually not much difference it turns out. I guess costs escalate pretty rapidly as you get up above the 35' range... one day
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Registered

Thanks Reggie, i was the same with my cars, far better not knowing, but I always thought boats were far worse, actually not much difference it turns out. I guess costs escalate pretty rapidly as you get up above the 35' range... one day
Same here, someday there will be a 42 sitting on my lift.
But until then, it's all good.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Keep in mind what BOAT stands for:
B--Break
O--Out
A--Another
T--Thousand

Marina--5K
Fuel--5-7K
Insurance--2K
Maintenance--(No major breakdowns) 2K
Poker runs--2K
Owning a 42 EX "PRICELESS"

Whatever you buy, try to get motors with closed loop cooling. Keeps the salt water out of the engine itself. Only parts that get the salt water are the pumps, heat exchanger, and headers. Less wear and tear on the internals.

Last edited by gerritm; 11-26-2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: ADD
Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

haha - i didnt say all the money was in her account.... there's no harm getting her to pay for it though!
My wife pays all the bills on it and I get it thrown in my face all the time but you know what? She still pays for it. Best deal going.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
Keep in mind what BOAT stands for:
B--Break
O--Out
A--Another
T--Thousand

Marina--5K
Fuel--5-7K
Insurance--2K
Maintenance--(No major breakdowns) 2K
Poker runs--2K
Owning a 42 EX "PRICELESS"

Whatever you buy, try to get motors with closed loop cooling. Keeps the salt water out of the engine itself. Only parts that get the salt water are the pumps, heat exchanger, and headers. Less wear and tear on the internals.
Amen

Quick Reply: 35 Lightning running costs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.