27 Fever Vs. 25 Outlaw >

27 Fever Vs. 25 Outlaw

Notices

27 Fever Vs. 25 Outlaw

Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I was in the same situation as you, trying to decide between an OL 25 and a 27 beak. Liked both boats. Then a deal on my current 29 came up. The Fountain is faster of course but more $$$$. I think a Fountain might hold its value more than an OL 25.

it does seem to appear that Fountain has a better re-sale then the Baja's do.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Roush, just remember that when you go to get rid of either boat, the Fountain will sell. The Baha won"t. There is a reason they are cheaper. Mickey Mouse trim tabs is only one reason. My first boat was a Checkmate Convincor (spelling) loved it until I bought my first Fountain. Now 5 Fountains later still no comparison.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger
Roush, just remember that when you go to get rid of either boat, the Fountain will sell. The Baha won"t. There is a reason they are cheaper. Mickey Mouse trim tabs is only one reason. My first boat was a Checkmate Convincor (spelling) loved it until I bought my first Fountain. Now 5 Fountains later still no comparison.
The BAJA won't sell? Either boat will sell when priced right. Roush, you really need to ride in both boats and decide what feels better.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Fountain. I had a baja before and was not impressed with the fit-n-finish. People like the look the fountain better anyway.....way too many bajas out there....(ie. just another loud boat)
Old 02-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For lenght, both are pretty equal. Lets get that out of the way.
The Baja will handle rough water better IMO do to the deeper deadrise (which will also make the slower of the 2) and the higher transom will give you a safer feeling.
I also was choosing between those 2 boats several yrs ago. Ended up with the Fountain only because I liked the way they sit in the water. It was different. At that time I had 0 knowledge of power boats. Have been on some Bajas and never thought lany ess of them, however the Fountain (depending on age) will come stock with better hardware; K-plains, Hyd Steering, offshore motor mounts and such. Where the Baja will have Bennet tabs and standard steering. No opinion on resale value, but around here on the 'local ' level market, a Baja will sell quicker do to the name being more recognized over Fountain. There are people in my marina who still have no idea what a Fountain is, but know the name Baja instantly.

Fit and finish..... see good and bad on both. Your best bet is to find both, take your time and crawl thru them and test ride if possible. It's your money.

Eitherway, good luck

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-27-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Fountain
Old 02-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be curious to see what the Baja guys would recommend.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered

to clear this out of the way I'm looking at 1998-2000 boats. It seems like everyone knows and what a Baja is around here and Fountains are less common then the Baja's but fountains still have some pull around here.

I LOVE the profile on the Fountains but I also like the wind screen on the Baja's. It seems the Baja's have more of a image appeal to them and the fountains have more of a speed/racing appeal to people.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the board! OK here is what you do...go look at these things in both boats:

engine mounting brackets
trim tabs
hardware used on boat
pound your fist on the hull sides
over feel of the boat
gel coat work

Then take a water test ride and you will know which boat is built the best.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh I also forgot....Active Thunder "The Cult" incoming!

Quick Reply: 27 Fever Vs. 25 Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.