How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC? >

How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Notices

How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
rclaws35
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the boat is backed up against garage and blocks are beside garage.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rclaws35
I believe the boat is backed up against garage and blocks are beside garage.

Thats what I believe as well, since the first pic shows the boat and trailer backed up to it.

PJ, I'll check into getting the guys name and number for you today.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
Anyone care to explain whats up w/ all the blocks in the back of the boat ????
I know, I was thinking that too.

They are just stacked up back there, looks funny because you can see them through the hatch there.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered

PJ,

Did you go the New Jersey and look at that boat?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Treads
PJ,

Did you go the New Jersey and look at that boat?
I think I'm skert of the blower motors. I'm looking at one (it's a secret) that was "pending sale" but the deal fell through.

Problem with THIS one is, there is some wood rot up under the "cabin forward" cushions. Supposedly from a leaking anchor locker.

I'm not sure what to make of it, big deal, not a big deal, easily repairable or should the boat be totally avoided?

It's a 95, MUCH nicer looking, first year of the step hull, original motors (stock).

Thoughts?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
I think I'm skert of the blower motors. I'm looking at one (it's a secret) that was "pending sale" but the deal fell through.

Problem with THIS one is, there is some wood rot up under the "cabin forward" cushions. Supposedly from a leaking anchor locker.

I'm not sure what to make of it, big deal, not a big deal, easily repairable or should the boat be totally avoided?

It's a 95, MUCH nicer looking, first year of the step hull, original motors (stock).

Thoughts?
If this is the "Secret" that we discussed earlier, just west of us? Were you able to see the damaged area? If its not that bad, may not be a big deal. You have to do a bunch of crawling around and looking in as many areas as possible, cause that boat is a pretty good deal. IMHO.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cefaln452
I didn't even think of that. Haha. Any way here are 10, they are all in the process pics because I Haven't had it out of the garage yet, and I'm putting it back together for the Calvalcaded Customs car show which is this weekend in Cincinnati, So ill have more pics later. I'm the one who does all the custom audio and video.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/cefaln452/
That looks great. The 38 SC looks ok in the pictures but I would make sure to have a good fiberglass guy with a moisture sensor go through it (better than a "survey"). That would tell you how much hidden repairs there would be. You can get great quality vinyl work done a lot cheaper than a kit from Fountain and installation would cost. That looks like a really good price if you just have to do cosmetics.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
Anyone care to explain whats up w/ all the blocks in the back of the boat ????
THERE NOT IN THE BACK OF THE BOAT, LOOK AGAIN THERE BEHIND THE BOAT UP NEXT TO THE WALL
Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Pj I was wondering what happened with that boat, If it was survey or loan fell through. That boats been sitting out with just the cockpit cover could very well be just a leaky hatch. shoot them even lower offer pending survey and sea trial might get it for a good deal. The banks got to want to get out from under that one. How about the sc by you in delaware you hear anymore about that?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Treads
If this is the "Secret" that we discussed earlier, just west of us? Were you able to see the damaged area? If its not that bad, may not be a big deal. You have to do a bunch of crawling around and looking in as many areas as possible, cause that boat is a pretty good deal. IMHO.
Yeah, thats the one. One of the "boys" claimed the perspective buyer was very knowledgeable about fountains and came out looking in real specific spots. Guy flew in from Kansas. That is what has me concerned, if it was enough to turn him away am I foolish to consider it? Otherwise, it appears to be real clean cosmetically.

Went from $89 to $79 to 69K.

1) How much water can get through a hatch?
2) Assume it would require disassembling the V berth to even attempt to repair it, right?

I shot them about 6 questions after they got back to me on Saturday telling me the deal never went with that buyer. I have yet to hear from them, they may have other pocket buyers at this point.

Pookie, I never looked at the one in N.J, but interestingly, there is one in DE too, a guy has it in the Speedwake classifieds. Looks fairly decent, he's at $74K I believe.

Quick Reply: How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.