Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC? >

How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Notices

How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

89Scarab, are you geographically close to that one?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Pj I looked at the boat in Dec. not that thorough. I did not notice anything in the cabin. could not get in the engine hatch batteries where dead. They were closing and were not very interested in staying to charge them. They did not try real hard to sell it. I suspect there milking the bank for storage.

Boats 2 hrs away from me. They knew I was coming to look at it. Didn't even want to listen to $60k offer. know look at them. They were Dicks I wish I knew what bank has it I would try and deal direct. I guess it needs survey done to check structure. Kinda Odd for the vberth to be rotten.

I was hoping you didnt see that one on speedwake.

Whats the deal with the older ones having staggered engines? Is this a good or bad thing?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

the blocks are on the ground behind the boat. You can see a gas meter between them.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
Pj I looked at the boat in Dec. not that thorough. I did not notice anything in the cabin. could not get in the engine hatch batteries where dead. They were closing and were not very interested in staying to charge them. They did not try real hard to sell it. I suspect there milking the bank for storage.

Boats 2 hrs away from me. They knew I was coming to look at it. Didn't even want to listen to $60k offer. know look at them. They were Dicks I wish I knew what bank has it I would try and deal direct. I guess it needs survey done to check structure. Kinda Odd for the vberth to be rotten.

I was hoping you didnt see that one on speedwake.

Whats the deal with the older ones having staggered engines? Is this a good or bad thing?
Which one has staggered? That would be a good thing IMO. I don't recall seeing a 38SC with staggereds?

Well, weather or not they want to listen, they are about to hear another offer. I just hope I'm not totally wasting my time.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:30 AM
Registered

The staggered engines are in a 91, this is the second early 90's I've seen with this set up. Its in Canada.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered

There is plenty of room back there......
Old 03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the one in Canada with the staggered. One question is, with that setup, is there enough room to fit the genset and holding tank and A/C unit? There isn't much detail on the one in Canada, and they haven't responded to email, but I haven't called them yet either.

PJ, I have talked with the guy who listed the one on SW, he's about 40 minutes north of me, listed for his neighbor who is in Florida for the winter, its on a trailer, shrink wrapped. I spoke with him last week about possibly coming up to look at it, but this weekend being Easter, will probably wait till the following weekend.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

PJ, I have a 97 38SC w/t525s that I have been considering selling, new baby and want to build a new house soon. Tried boating last year and it was difficult with a 14 month old. I have also added full camper tops and a 2 year old Manning trailer, shoot me an email at kwinter at wi.rr.com, I am no longer a premium member and can not send you anything.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

38SprtCruzKev, thanks, but I have a feeling you are too new (expensive) for me.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Treads
I saw the one in Canada with the staggered. One question is, with that setup, is there enough room to fit the genset and holding tank and A/C unit? There isn't much detail on the one in Canada, and they haven't responded to email, but I haven't called them yet either.

PJ, I have talked with the guy who listed the one on SW, he's about 40 minutes north of me, listed for his neighbor who is in Florida for the winter, its on a trailer, shrink wrapped. I spoke with him last week about possibly coming up to look at it, but this weekend being Easter, will probably wait till the following weekend.
I guess I'm just still hung up on the 92 that Shogrens sold ($49K). That is a far stretch for 2 years newer (with odd houred motors). Just seemed to me that if one dumped at ~500, the other one that is currently sitting at 600 may not be far behind it. I know freak things can happen, but for $75K I would prefer to have matched hour motors.
Not putting the boat down, it is the best looking out of the bunch (according to the wife).

Dunno. Boat Boys is a friggin joke. Two E-mails since Sunday, one voice mail this morning at 10 AM, they have yet to respond to anything.

I'm going to get serious about selling my boat here soon, one less thing to think about and a better down payment I suppose.

Quick Reply: How m,uch to totally re-skin a 38SC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.