Any Real 35 Buyers Out There??? >

Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Notices

Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Old 03-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bjablonski
Beautiful boat.. FYI two 35's in classifieds - 05' for 130k and 06' for 185k ..

Thanks , The '06 I believe is the one Shogren had last year, it's a nice looking boat.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not saying it is but if it is a bank repo I know you can buy it I mean steal it because they don't want to be in the retail bussiness. You have a killer ride now. Wish I was back in the market love the black hull but not yet. Good luck with it.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

No offense taken. The board is full of free advice!

Good luck on the sale of your boat.

Last edited by techman; 03-31-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Thanks!! Here's a few more shots!
How hot does that dash get in the summer???

Is the primary difference between the ICB and the Lightning the staggered motors?

Again, looks good and good luck!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth

Is the primary difference between the ICB and the Lightning the staggered motors?

Don't really know, I just bought this boat in November and it's been in heated storage since then. I don't think it would be any different than many of the others that have the graphics etc. on the dash. If you go back a little in time most manufacturers did the dash in dark colors. I test drove it on a bright sunny fall day and the visibility is way better than my last one with the white dash, absolutly no glare at all.

The staggered engines are a major difference, but the cockpit and cabin are all together different as well.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

I think 2 things - 1) you have a georgeous boat - I thought it was gorgeous in the ad picture by the side of the building before you bought it and it is gorgeous now. 2) The ICBM is the cats patooty. If ya got it flaunt it. If you want it buy it. You been around long enough to know whether it is a good deal or not. If it doesnt work out it wouldnt bother me being "stuck" with your current boat.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth

They are two totally different boats
Old 03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
I think 2 things - 1) you have a georgeous boat - I thought it was gorgeous in the ad picture by the side of the building before you bought it and it is gorgeous now. 2) The ICBM is the cats patooty. If ya got it flaunt it. If you want it buy it. You been around long enough to know whether it is a good deal or not. If it doesnt work out it wouldnt bother me being "stuck" with your current boat.

Thanks!!! It is a very unique piece, which is was what caught my eye in the first place. You sure won't run into yourself on the water very often. I'll just see what happens here, not a heartbreaker either way.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
A couple of thoughts:

Bad used boat market now. Tons of inventory and competitive pricing. I can't imaging you will break even on this since you just picked up the boat. Probably looking at a loss. If you are looking at a new ICBM then you lose money on that too as soon as you take delivery (reality of these things).

Are you really gaining anything? The ICBM is nice, but essentially the same boat. I might argue that you are losing lots of cockpit space, smaller cabin, lose the fridge and a less functional v-berth. You gain staggered motors config and nice little rooster tail, but the way they come setup from Fountain is for top end. So they tend to be slow out of the hole, average on acceleration all for a triple digit top speed? Which requires a lot of runway with the 525's. It also sounds like you are not spending a ton of time in the top rev range given your ECU output. Plus you aren't going to be exploiting that top end on Winni. Think speed limits!

So, you have a screaming boat now that probably out accelerates the ICBM setup.

I wouldn't do it unless you are looking to go much longer in length or just need out. If you take the emotion out of getting a new shiny boat, then the analysis $$ isn't so pretty.

Just a thought! Best of luck

Techman
Very well put> common since, what an uncommon strategy now days. bro-man> be carfull what you wish for!
No updated cabin, no sliding cabin door>> its old news. Think 07 38 stag, in this case longer is better. For God sakes man listen to reason. Dont do it!
Prices are coming down, Their is a depression coming. At least you and the family can live in a 38.

Last edited by GCAT911; 03-31-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GCAT911
Very well put> common since, what an uncommon strategy now days. bro-man> be carfull what you wish for!
No updated cabin, no sliding cabin door>> its old news. Think 07 38 stag, in this case longer is better. For God sakes man listen to reason. Dont do it!
Prices are coming down, Their is a depression coming. At least you and the family can live in a 38.

I don't know just how to answer this, I'm sure if I were to put all the numbers up here it might make more sense. For reasons I'm sure most would understand I just am not going to do that. Suffice it to say that common sense is something I do have a fair share of and this is far from my first rodeo. As I've said before, I am not in the least unhappy with this boat. This is just something that in my mind is worth persuing for a bit to see if it could work. It really is all that simple.

BTW Thanks to all for the compliments on the boat, I do appreciate it.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-01-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.