Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Any Real 35 Buyers Out There??? >

Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Notices

Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Had an interesting phone call yesterday from a Fountain dealer that has me thinking here. I have come across a 35 Lightning ICBM that I could buy very right. I would need to move the 35 Lightning that I bought back in November quickly to make this happen. The only reason I am considering this is because I was looking at ICBM's last fall but even some leftovers were a little more than I wanted to spend, this one fits. So, here's what I've got..........

2006 35 Lightning twin step with 525's and the new style Bravo XRs and 32" Bravo 4 blades.
Saber graphics, black base with silvers and grays.
Monster dash, platinum gauges w/ polished rims and bezels.
GPS speedo with recall feature.
Navman GPS.
Livorsi billet polished race controls.
This entire boat is done with a Black/Silver theme thruout.
Has 57.3 hrs per the computer download, of these hours 37.4 hrs show in the 0-1999 rpm range, 1.3 hrs in the 2000-2499 rpm range, 11.1 hrs in the 2500-3499 rpm range, the rest are a few tenths here and there thruout the rest of the brackets.
This is a fresh water boat off Lake Winnipesaukee, N.H., and now in northern New York.
It sits on a 2006 Performance Trailer, which came to me on the MSO from the dealer.
This boat shows "as new", has been in a heated building all winter and has been seriously detailed to the N'th degree. I bought the boat very right from a very reputable Fountain dealer, and would pass that along to someone. I am not in any way unhappy with this boat. I just find myself in a position to possibly move into something that I started out looking for in the first place. I guarantee you will not find a cleaner 35 out there, and at a price below any I have seen. If SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, and would like more information, send me a PM on here, or call my business phone @ 315-265-7370.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-30-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Here's a picture,
Attached Thumbnails Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???-06_35_ltng_gobbi45.jpg  
Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet ride!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered

Wow - that's a sick looking ride. Wish I was in the market for that.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Thanks!! Here's a few more shots!
Attached Thumbnails Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???-06_35_ltng_gobbi_525sgood.jpg   Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???-100_4033.jpg   Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???-100_4201.jpg  

Old 03-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Say It aint So?? I thought you were going for a 38 next?
Old 03-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownincome
Say It aint So?? I thought you were going for a 38 next?

You got mail.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 208 Posts

A couple of thoughts:

Bad used boat market now. Tons of inventory and competitive pricing. I can't imaging you will break even on this since you just picked up the boat. Probably looking at a loss. If you are looking at a new ICBM then you lose money on that too as soon as you take delivery (reality of these things).

Are you really gaining anything? The ICBM is nice, but essentially the same boat. I might argue that you are losing lots of cockpit space, smaller cabin, lose the fridge and a less functional v-berth. You gain staggered motors config and nice little rooster tail, but the way they come setup from Fountain is for top end. So they tend to be slow out of the hole, average on acceleration all for a triple digit top speed? Which requires a lot of runway with the 525's. It also sounds like you are not spending a ton of time in the top rev range given your ECU output. Plus you aren't going to be exploiting that top end on Winni. Think speed limits!

So, you have a screaming boat now that probably out accelerates the ICBM setup.

I wouldn't do it unless you are looking to go much longer in length or just need out. If you take the emotion out of getting a new shiny boat, then the analysis $$ isn't so pretty.

Just a thought! Best of luck

Techman
Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
A couple of thoughts:

So, you have a screaming boat now that probably out accelerates the ICBM setup.

I wouldn't do it unless you are looking to go much longer in length or just need out. If you take the emotion out of getting a new shiny boat, then the analysis $$ isn't so pretty.

Just a thought! Best of luck

Techman

You are a little off base here, no offense, but this is something that was offered up to me. I feel it is worth looking into as a possibility. What might not make sense to you here may make perfect sense to me. As I said above, I am in no way unhappy with the boat I have, I just find myself in a position to make a move that makes sense to me.

BTW the one I have is pretty damn shiny!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-29-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Beautiful boat.. FYI two 35's in classifieds - 05' for 130k and 06' for 185k ..

Quick Reply: Any Real 35 Buyers Out There???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.