29 Question >

29 Question

Notices

29 Question

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 Question

I'm trying to figure some of this stuff out still on my 29 and the real purpose of it. There is about a 2" chrome hole in the passenger side rear side of the boat with a 1 1/4" ID hose that goes to the transom with another 2" chrome hole under the boat in the rear above and behind the drain plugs. Any idea what this is or the purpose is or what the purpose is?
Thanks,
James
Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this on a 29? If I get you discription right, the hose is connected to the thru hull on the side to the thru hull on the step in the rear....didnt know they did this on a 29. I have one on a 38 though. It is to break the suction the step creates when you get on plane. The bow rises, and the stern goes down, the swim platform or the step under it gets sealed to the water and creates a suction. This thru hull lets air get under the step and break the suction, allowing it to come on plane easier.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Ok, I thought it was something along those lines, because it was just 2 thru hulls hooked together with no pump or anything in between. Thanks for the info and yes it is a 2000 29 Fever.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

I have an 1996 29 ft Fountain Fever, My cabin ice chest drain hose, is it suppose to drain in the hull.
Thank you
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine drains into the sink hose .it does't work very well so I am putting another drain hole in the side of the boat just like the sink but smaller Tim
Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Is this on a 29? If I get you discription right, the hose is connected to the thru hull on the side to the thru hull on the step in the rear....didnt know they did this on a 29. I have one on a 38 though. It is to break the suction the step creates when you get on plane. The bow rises, and the stern goes down, the swim platform or the step under it gets sealed to the water and creates a suction. This thru hull lets air get under the step and break the suction, allowing it to come on plane easier.
Does this work? Will it work on my stepped 27ft?