Floor Drain Problems >

Floor Drain Problems

Notices

Floor Drain Problems

Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Drain Problems

I think I have a problem with the drains in my floor. The last 2 times I have rinsed the inside of my boat out, I have noticed the water hasn't gone into the bildge like it should, it goes into more of the "cuddy" area right by the floor infront of the seat underneath and soaks the carpet. Is there a way to check this and / or fix it.
Thanks,
James
Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

There is probably trash in the drains. Check that out.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
I think I have a problem with the drains in my floor. The last 2 times I have rinsed the inside of my boat out, I have noticed the water hasn't gone into the bildge like it should, it goes into more of the "cuddy" area right by the floor infront of the seat underneath and soaks the carpet. Is there a way to check this and / or fix it.
Thanks,
James
Hi James,
Speaking from my experience only, I have a 35 Lightning. If the boat is in the water (stern low) all of the water from the floor drains and the ice chest drain to the rear bilge. When the boat is on the trailer it sits bow low, even if I have it jacked up all the way in front, the water drains forward to the front bilge and makes a mess. I had continous problems with water up front and under the step until I figured this out. Now I always pull the plug on the ice chest and do any rincing of the floors while the boat is sitting in the water (Bow high). I have not had any water in the forward bilge since then.
David