Navigation Light Bulb >

Navigation Light Bulb

Notices

Navigation Light Bulb

Old 05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Light Bulb

Tried to ask this on the technical forum and got no answer. Here goes: How do you change the bow navigation light bulb on a Fountain. It is a Perko light but I can't figure out how to get to the bulb. If I remove the screws, the light is sealed from underneath where the wires come in and I can't get to the bulb. I can't figure it out and don't want to break the whole thing. If I call Fountain I get the usual Audix answering system for Tony Vic.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

should just take the side screws out and lift up then take the screws out of the bottom and the top will come off .. unless you have the type that is on port and star of the bow tip then you have to go in from under the birth mirror (on older fountains early 90s)
Attached Images  

Last edited by blownincome; 05-24-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

It doesn't pull up far enough to get to the screws underneath. Is it possible that Fountain made it so the bulb can't be replaced without breaking the sealed wire connection? That doesn't seem right.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Finally decided to remove the connections and the entire light assembly after no response from Perko or Fountain. You were right, there are two little phillips stainless screws that hold the assembly together. The problem is that Fountain forgot to leave enough wire to lift the assembly without removing the sealant from the deck mounting and cutting the power connections. Seems like an ordeal to change a light bulb. I was beginning to think Fountains are made by a bunch of illiterate hillbillies in North Carolina, but I know that isn't true because I checked their
website. I see "must be able to read and write" under job requirements for several of the positions listed.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownincome
should just take the side screws out and lift up then take the screws out of the bottom and the top will come off .. unless you have the type that is on port and star of the bow tip then you have to go in from under the birth mirror (on older fountains early 90s)
Thanks! I wondered about this myself.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

glad to help!