Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
38 Fever Radio Remote Install Q? >

38 Fever Radio Remote Install Q?

Notices

38 Fever Radio Remote Install Q?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 Fever Radio Remote Install Q?

I am updating the stereo on my new to me '98 38 Fever and adding a Pioneer wired remote. Anyone have any experience- I am looking for thoughts on places to put it- nav side, glove box, helm, etc. If I run it to the helm, what is the magic way to get the wires around/over/through the companionway into the cuddy? Also adding a Garmin GPS to the top of the dash. THANKS!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I Rock Remote as an alternative option?

I was looking to add a wired remote as well but found a cool item called the I Rock Remote Control which is FM based therefore requires no wiring to the helm. It is also waterproof ,floats and has 90 foot range that goes through the deck,hull and door.I can work all stereo controls except the preset stations. I just use it when underway when the door is closed. It snaps to the dash or can put on key chain. They also make one to snap into the hub of the wheel.This may or may not interest you but its worked well for me.You can find it in the Overton's website or google it. I previuosly spoke to the manufacturer and they have ones for all main brands. Sorry,I can't remember their website?