Cabin door gas shock??? >

Cabin door gas shock???

Notices

Cabin door gas shock???

Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cabin door gas shock???

My wife is getting really sick of getting bashed on the head by the cabin door due to the shock going bad at the end of last year. I am also sick of it, but need to be reminded periodically by her as I seem to forget every week to get a new one...must be all that head-bashing.

At any rate...where do I get one? And if possible...a better one?

Thanks,
My-Head-Hurts-Mike
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call West Marine. They got me a new one for about $20. Give them the model off your old one and they'll order it for you.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:28 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Jerry @ Holiday Marine in Lynwood got me once and he knows how to do and upgrade to get you more pressure in the strut to hold the door open better......
Old 06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave at Fleet marine in steger, or have Obnoxus get ya one after he's done checkin the shelf for my pulleys::
Old 06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Oooooo, Bill...I got baaaaaad news for you if you think it's gonna take Dennis like 10 minutes to actually FIND something in his shop!

Just ordered 3 of the things (heavier-duty, tho) for $11 each thanks to Candyman's recommendation. Company was SPD Hardware...spdhardware.com. Part Number is spd-gsni-4900-60 for anyone else who might be wondering. I'm also gonna have an extra one if anybody wants one (Straight Jacket wants the other).
Old 06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Oooooo, Bill...I got baaaaaad news for you if you think it's gonna take Dennis like 10 minutes to actually FIND something in his shop!

Just ordered 3 of the things (heavier-duty, tho) for $11 each thanks to Candyman's recommendation. Company was SPD Hardware...spdhardware.com. Part Number is spd-gsni-4900-60 for anyone else who might be wondering. I'm also gonna have an extra one if anybody wants one (Straight Jacket wants the other).
Hey Mikey u do realize you had 6 mos of winter to fix that dayum thing
Old 06-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When mine went bad, I took it to the local truck/trailer place in town and they matched it up. Plus it was alot cheaper then the ones that said marine on the side.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Hey Mikey u do realize you had 6 mos of winter to fix that dayum thing
Hey Brah...I've been out on the water the past couple weekends! Saw a wicked NorTech, badass Outerlimits, cool Cigs, beatchin Beaks...but NO SKATER! And you had more than 6 months!

It's about time you get that thing out to run some circles around our little crew!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby

when storing the boat, keep hatch open. the struts last longer when stored in open position
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine through raymonds boats at loto. they keep those things in stock.

Quick Reply: Cabin door gas shock???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.