Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Looking to run from Atlantic City, NJ to NYC, any Fountain owners want to join us? >

Looking to run from Atlantic City, NJ to NYC, any Fountain owners want to join us?

Notices

Looking to run from Atlantic City, NJ to NYC, any Fountain owners want to join us?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to run from Atlantic City, NJ to NYC, any Fountain owners want to join us?

I am looking to make the run from the Ocean City, NJ area to NYC/Jersey City and back in one day, and I wanted to see if I could interest other south jersey boaters to make the run with me. Weather permitting I would do it over the next couple of weeks on a Saturday or Sunday.

First of all is this idea feasible? It appears that it is approximately 120 miles one way. I have a 2005 38' Fountain Lightning with 525's.

I had a couple of of questions for anyone who has made the trip. Manaqusan Intel appears to be a little further then half way. Are their any recommended places for fuel in Manaqusan?

Is the section from Sandy Hook to the Verrazano marked?

Once you get to the Jersey City/NYC area are there any good places on the water for lunch with easy docking?

Any thoughts, feedback, or ideas would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm Panther he knows that area well
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered

Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

TJ Bart,

When you come in the Manasquan inlet, there are 2 marina's on your right. 1st one is Hoffman's marina (before railroad brige) 2nd is Brielle Yacht Club Marina (after railroad brige.) I believe they both have gas. That can be a nasty inlet too.

Have a fun trip, sounds like a great ride!

Mike