Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roger you are a lucky man

Awesome, speeds on your boats.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Charlene has Reggie down to her place every year for the Shootout...I just wonder why he never brings a boat to run? I know (from experience) that the new 42 foot hull can't get out of it's own way when it comes to getting up on plane...just wonder if that's the reason he won't run a boat?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Gold Member

Default top of your game

i think when you are at the top,everybody will take pop shots at you..........the ole saying applies.its lonely at the top.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Charlene has Reggie down to her place every year for the Shootout...I just wonder why he never brings a boat to run? I know (from experience) that the new 42 foot hull can't get out of it's own way when it comes to getting up on plane...just wonder if that's the reason he won't run a boat?
The 42 pokerrun boat that was in powerboat magazine a couple of months ago will be in the shootout...I guess its technically not a factory boat but it was recently dialed in at the factory
Old 08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Default Shootout

I plan on trying to get to the Sunday races. Anyone else. We are also planning to attend the OSS. I can't wait for that it was so incredible last year.

Let me just say, I'm not much on Motor cycles so I will leave those to others, I have a Corvette its quite a rush, but honestly there isn't anything I like to do more than take my cobalt out and run her up to 60 mph hour riding as high as possible trying to balance her just right and see jus how fast I can go. Its freedom at its best, as no speed limits on the water, no cops to worry about and just me the water and my boat. God is good.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for Fountain speeds, we just ran a PR here in VA with a stock 42 700's we ran a solid 95 while still trimming out to 104 GPS, lets just say many boats who claimed to be 100+ boats couldn't keep up at 95. Fountain's are fast period,

WILL
Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
As for Fountain speeds, we just ran a PR here in VA with a stock 42 700's we ran a solid 95 while still trimming out to 104 GPS, lets just say many boats who claimed to be 100+ boats couldn't keep up at 95. Fountain's are fast period,

WILL
are you talking about the james river run?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Nope it was the Hampton roads Rendevouz, notice in second pic Rudee stop, the real run, you can barely see the next boat, note we had been ideling through the inlet before they even got there behind us
Attached Thumbnails Comments about Fountain Power boats-hrpba2008-047.jpg   Comments about Fountain Power boats-hrpba2008-016.jpg  
Old 08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL

WILL
That's nice but poker runs are not races, although Fountain factory seems to think so for PR purposes lately. There is a race this Saturday & Sunday at LOTO. Known fact that Mr. Fountain has been at the local Fountan dealer for years during this weekend to sign autographs and talk about the fastest safest boats on the water, but never brings a boat to run in the race and compete for top gun...wonder why that is? Oh yea, he's full of BS.
Talks cheap, back it up , 209 is the number to beat, and that was FYI a cat.

BTW I've owned a fountain and I'd never own another one because I can't stomach the company owners BS.

Fastest safest best handling boat on the water? That looks to be a 50 Mystic to me 2 years in a row. And to call my shot now, a 50 mystic will be again this year.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-22-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Wow Von, lots of hating,

As for PR a race, Humm well that has been discussed many times. Their were 5 other boats gunning for us, we just left them in the dust. If you have ever been to VA beach the Rudee run is the run to make because it runs very rough and seperates the BS from the real deal. Would love to see someone run 200+ in that water!!!!

As for bringing a boat to LOTO, well, same can be said why don't YOU bring a Mystic to NC?? Just so were clear talk is cheap, the real # to beat is 317.6 MPH break that record and your a GOD. If not talk is very cheap!

WILL

Quick Reply: Comments about Fountain Power boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.