Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Shogren poor ending >

Shogren poor ending

Notices

Shogren poor ending

Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, Your anger at Shogren is unwarranted. You chose to trade your boat at that price. You chose to take delivery of a boat with damage. You chose to give a perfect rating on the survey.
In your own words, Shogren paid for the damage. So what if it took a month? I only pay my bills once a month.
My husband is a certified marine surveyor and has done surveys on boats being purchased from Shogren. Shogren has always readily resolved any issues. And there are always issues with boats, new or used. Again, this is not Shogren's fault. It is just a fact of life.
It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience,however, you need to redirect your anger.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I agree with you they pissed me off before on some posts, AND DT42 I feel sorry for you. you should NEVER let them take your boat out for a test run with out you being there. and if there was a bug troubles why did you or them not see it at the docks. I know I will never do anything with them to many bad posts here it seams. did you buy another boat yet AT has a nice boat in the 33/37/40 I think you should check them out, you won't have to worry about stress cracks like on most fountains I have seen in NE out in oceans off of mass RI NASTY WATER. WELL GOOD LUCK OH its funny how the boats sit and once you cave in its gone weeks.
have to worry about stress cracks like on most fountains
WoW whats with that ??????
Old 10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
......Let it go, if i would of think about what was wrong with all the boats i had and have ,,,,,,,,,,,,Holly $hit ,,,,,,,,i would rater go swimming then. LOL

Very true! When you think about it the whole industry is a little off. You can buy a cheap as chit new car and generally have few if any problems getting defects taken care of, up things to a higher end vehicle and likely you would have no trouble having a speck of dirt in the paint resolved. Now buy a several hundred thousand dollar boat, have a legit issue of any sort and most every manufacturer will tell you it's not covered. I actually had a customer service person tell me recently that the reason the paint blistered on my boat was because I exposed the boat to water for too long a period of time. WTF, I asked him, you can't get the boat wet? He didn't seem to have an answer for that. I guess in his mind it was all my fault, after all I was the one that got it wet.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I won't comment on who's right wrong or indifferent. I know both parties through OSO in some way, and I will say both parties are above board.

This is a tough business, with another dealer in FL going down last night. Customer relations are extremely important. The two of you should call each other up, apologize in a effort to regane your friendship. Put the pride away, and just work it out. That's all I'm going to say. Good Luck Gentlemen. Jeff
Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman

This is a tough business, with another dealer in FL going down last night. Jeff

Who folded last night?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yo....DT42 whats up these days
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear you had issues. I've met Scott and Greg. Both very nice guys, but they are in the business of selling boats.

Last year I flew to Chicago to check out a boat that Shogren said would run low-mid 90's on gps. We had multiple discussions about the boat, top speed etc. The day before I flew out he told me he had just sea-trialed the boat and ran into the Mid 80's or better with 4 guys and full fuel and assured me there was more left to go. Turned out the boat only ran upper 70's and touched 80 once for a moment on the gps with 2 people and tank reading near empty. Scott did apologize and later reimbursed me for my flight - which was a stand-up thing to do.

Thing is, if he had been honest with me from the beginning, I would not have skipped work and wasted an entire day traveling back and forth.

Point being, Shogren is not perfect. I'd be willing to bet they are better than many, possibly better than most, But not perfect.
Just my 2cents

Last edited by socalstone; 10-30-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socalstone
Sorry to hear you had issues. I've met Scott and Greg. Both very nice guys, but they are in the business of selling boats.

Last year I flew to Chicago to check out a boat that Shogren said would run low-mid 90's on gps. We had multiple discussions about the boat, top speed etc. The day before I flew out he told me he had just sea-trialed the boat and ran into the Mid 80's or better with 4 guys and full fuel and assured me there was more left to go. Turned out the boat only ran upper 70's and touched 80 once for a moment on the gps with 2 people and tank reading near empty. Scott did apologize and later reimbursed me for my flight - which was a stand-up thing to do.

Thing is, if he had been honest with me from the beginning, I would not have skipped work and wasted an entire day traveling back and forth.

Point being, Shogren is not perfect. I'd be willing to bet they are better than many, possibly better than most, But not perfect.
Just my 2cents
My 2cents! Why do people have 2 "TELL TALL STORIES" in the 1st place?? Few years ago, DROVE 3 1/2 hours 1 way 2 sign on a new 382 Formula w/ a dealer that had verbally given me a trade in $ 4 my 353. This was 2 B my 4th brand new ordered Formula! I was go'n 2 sign on all the paperwork & get the 382 ordered. Got there and talked boats w/ 1 partner 4 about an hour then the other partner came in and blurted out they will NOT take my trade. I walked out w/ my blind dog in tow! They new B4 I drove 2 C them they where not gunna take my trade yet they let me do the drive w/ all the excitement of ordering a new boat! BS PS I was not reimbursed 4 gas or my wasted X!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shameless
Dave,

Now do you see why I was so pissed at that sorry excuse for a deaqlership!!!!

Scott does not know when to keep his mouth shut when bad mouthing his customers!! You never know when he is talking to someone who knows the person he is bad mouthing!!! I also think and know that Shogrens does not really know what the truth is!!!! maybe so caught up their own lies they think they are the truth...

Wow !! that's a first. I heard Scott talk about many of his customers, but NEVER in a negative way. Kinda hard for me to swallow this thread.

Anyway, this was'nt the reason for my post. Not for nothin, and for whom ever it might concern, just want to share a little experience I've had while at Shogrens shop.

Couple summers back, on a thursday afternoon, my wife and I stopped at Shogrens store for a couple things. While there, I spoke with Scott about an existing problem he was having with a pair of blower engines in one of his Fountains. Pretty sure I knew how to cure the problem, I offered to work on it with the help of my wife, and I needed to borrow some tools from the mechanics in the shop. A few hours later we were finished, and I went into the shop to return the tools I borrowed. It was about 6 pm, and I appologized to the mechanics for keeping them there that long, as I figured they were waiting for me to finish up on the project that I had started.
I asked them if they were getting ready to close up shop and go home. There were 3 mechanics working on a 42 Fountain. They told me that they were told by Scott, that they were to finish the 42 BEFORE they went home, as he had promised the customer that it would be ready for pickup on friday morning. They said that they had about another 3-4 hours before everything was done, and they'd probably be there till around 10 pm.

Do you know who's 42 they were working on??? Well, I do, it was Dave's, and they finished up that night so it would be ready for a friday morning pickup, so that it could be used that weekend.

After reading all the bashing directed towards Shogrens dealership, I thought I had to share one of my "many" experiences I've had while I was at their shop.

I just really think that this thread is uncalled for, and unfair to Shogren his employees, and his peers. Seems that there would've been a much, much better way to dissolve any dispute that there might've been with the situation at hand.

Just my $.02 ............ Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 11-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered

Default Just my two cents ...

I just posted my first thread ever regarding a completely different topic and came across this thread. I would like to share my experience last week at Shogren's. A buddy and i stopped in on Saturday around 1 p.m. We're just two young punk kids and Scott treated us with total respect. The shop was about to close, but he didn't care and even stayed an extra 25 minutes afterhours to continue talking to us about boats. He's a very knowledgable man and someone that i will certainly do business with in the future. We were highly impressed that he didn't discriminate against us because of our age. On the ride home, instead of us discussing all the awesome boats he had on display, we caught ourselves talking about how cool the owner was as a person. Just my two cents.

Bryan

Quick Reply: Shogren poor ending

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.