Shogren poor ending >

Shogren poor ending

Notices

Shogren poor ending

Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Shogren poor ending

First, after being a Shogren Cheerleader since we did business, the end result is not good with me.

I consigned my boat with you 9/07. I never received 1 call from you ever. I had called a couple times to ask why there were no players on the boat, and was told market poor, boat too far away (1.5hrs), price high,etc. I explained to run any offer or money past me. Nothing, not once..Sept 07-June 08. The only action I received was from you was to buy my boat. I listed on ebay before your consign, and you asked even then to buy it. Yes, I did cave in and asked if you're still interested June 08 and we agreed at 145k. About 1 month after you purchased my boat, it was gone
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

Ok, so that it that, not the end of the world. I am finally going to share my experience, that's all. Most will bash me, so who cares. Maybe someone will learn from my deal.

Beak Damage. Why did you not call and tell me of the damage before delivery? You had 80k cash down to move the boat from Pier 57, arrived at your location and you prepped for closing. Spend 250k,on a NEW BOAT, show up and the beak is damaged. Other than wifey crying, no big deal. You said get it fixed and send me the bill. Why did you not call and say you will fix it, delivery in another week??

So I get it fixed. Call you, email you for a month as my guy released the boat with my word that you will send him a check. Well he got tired of waiting and put the pressure on me, so I paid him 2k and change. Should I scan the check?

Now I'm pissed and you say that seems high. Then why didn't you get it fixed which is the correct way to do it? So I have to jag around and you don't? Then you complain about the bill?

After explaining that GREG also damaged the beak, in addition to the damage before delivery, you seemed to understand. Yes, I was paid in full after about a month of some back and forth with you.

You see, I took everything in stride with you, never once complained about anything. Yes, you got me in ONE TIME after the fun run we had, I blew the driveline, of course nobody stopped to offer any help, nice folks, just kept hammering down. No big deal, other than 3 weeks later Riggs had to fix because it snapped again. I didn't even call you to complain, just figured that was the luck of the boat since new.

Your service sukks, buy a boat and call in for an appt. It's a long delay trying to get in. All my work went to Mel Riggs, he can get you fixed quick. I did forget the week after I bought the boat and upgraded to the Myco, you had resealed my port drive that was leaking.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

I also gave you perfect marks on the Fountain survey. I lied.
I told them the boat was perfect when we picked it up.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

In closing, the experience in the end is why I'm here. See, the 1000. you fk'd me on cost you now. Was that a good decision?
It's your house and business has been down so lets get Dave one last time.

Scott and I agreed on the 145k. Yeah, you're really looking out for me so you say. Bull S.

I take the boat down and Scott says get out of here, we have to run the boat and check it out, going to take a few hours. So we leave and come back. Uh oh, Dave you have a clunk in the right drive and water in the oil.

I winterized, changed the oil Oct 07 and stored the boat in heated storage. Got the boat out in April 08, ran the motors, topped off the oil and there she sat. Made ONE trip to Milwaukee, maybe 1-2 hrs on the boat. Checked oil before launch, everything fine. No cloudy, milky anything, before our one and only day out, before I brought the boat to you.

For stupid 800x remark,

(except the 200k used boat I like, Shogren thought 145k...fair guy...he is looking out for me)

if I knew there was water in the oil right before I'm selling it, most people would do what???

Change the oil as fast as you can and get it delivered, right??
I don't work that way Pal, nor did I check the oil before I dragged it down to Scott's. I just ran the boat maybe 1-2 hrs max a month ago and ck'd it then.

Now I cannot say for sure, but let me tell you I'll never know, and will give Shogren some optimistic creditablilty, hindsight 20/20 says I should have never left that place when they were in the boat. How do I know they didn't squirt some water in there to shake me down more? I'll never know and that's the end of that. CMI have issues, mine is freshwater with 110hrs and 2 hrs ago it was not leaking. Nor was it leaking when I drained the oil before storage 10/07.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

So, drive clunk and water. I said hard to believe but what can I do. Scott runs the drive and here's nothing, mechanic mis-diagonsed. Ok, Scott says I'll hold 2k back from deal, until we find out what it is. Generally, header leaking, we'll send it to Aetco and no charge if that's it. BUT if head gasket leaking, then that may eat up the 2k he held back.

So, he sends me ~500. back of the 2k he held for repairs. Said he had to repair the leaking header on port motor, pull the starboard headers and have them ck'd as well. No water over there, why am I charged for that as well? You said NO CHARGE if header leaking, you'll eat that.

Shogren says, you had a bad bug problem and we had to spray bomb 3 times, also had to repair and ck the other headers out as well. We saw no bugs, you never made comment when cking boat out, for 1550. I could have bought an Orkin Franchise and take care of something that we both never saw.

So there Scott, hope you are doing well. I would have no problem paying you 500. for the header, even though you agreed in front of the wife, NO CHARGE unless head gasket. You had a gun to my head, and I have learned another lesson.
1000. buks.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

Last, and not Shogrens fault, this was the worst boat I ever owned. All kinds of chit broke, darn near every time out. Had a 93 35 Fountain for 8 yrs....replaced 1 trim pump. 1 minor stress crack.

This 42 had stress cracks all over the place, I was afraid to sell it privately. What a shame, the main ones where there after just 1-2 runs after new.

Oh, for maybe thinking how upside down I was....

NOT. Put 80k cash down, financed for 20 yrs, made pyts amortized at 10 yr plan. Walked with about 20k cash back. Should have been more like Shogren says he was just trying to help me out....

Have fun, I'm done for now and not calling Shogren if there is a next time!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear this Dave!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Stuff like this is why I'll probably never buy new, and have been learning to do most all of my own wrenching. (luckily I have a few buddies that have already taught me ALOT!!)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A boat full of stress cracks.....say it isn't so.

Downtown, if your initial purchasing experience was so bad and they treated you so poorly, why would you sell it to them at such a low price (in your opinion) as well as walk away without agreeing on condition? You put yourself over the proverbial barrel.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that doesn't understand why you'd do nothing but promote them if you really felt the way you describe. More truth in keyboards.....?

Quick Reply: Shogren poor ending

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.