Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Advise on Price of used Fever >

Advise on Price of used Fever

Notices

Advise on Price of used Fever

Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 2002 Patriot Edition (American Flag Graphix) 27 Fever, 500efi w/163 Hours, red interior, 163 Hours, on two year old aluminum tandem axle trailer. Very clean, stored indoors. It's currently listed for $62,900 negotiable.
Can be seen at http://www.captainschoiceboats.com/boatsforsale.html
Stock #: B27500
Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

I have a 2004 27 with 496HO, 143 hours on a tandem axle trailer that I had advertised on here. Ended the Listing with the price at $45,900 including the trailer. It has blue custom cyclone graphics, cyclone painted dash, monster gauges with GPS speedo, seat back and front logos, lightning wheel on engine hatch, silent choice and fresh water flush. I let the ad expire, and I think it is sold, but if the sale doesn't happen, I'll re-list it. Its hard to take the buyer for a sea trial when the local lake is froze solid, and the Ohio river is flooded and/or full of debri. I don't think you will beat that price for a 2004 27 in as good as condition as mine with all of the upgrades on it. I have a 35 Lightning lined up to buy, but need the 27 to leave first. Based on the responses I had to my ad, I wish those who have similar boats listed at upper 50's/low 60's, best of luck!

Last edited by bob_t; 02-19-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by bob_t
I have a 2004 27 with 496HO, 143 hours on a tandem axle trailer that I had advertised on here. Ended the Listing with the price at $45,900 including the trailer. It has blue custom cyclone graphics, cyclone painted dash, monster gauges with GPS speedo, seat back and front logos, lightning wheel on engine hatch, silent choice and fresh water flush. I let the ad expire, and I think it is sold, but if the sale doesn't happen, I'll re-list it. Its hard to take the buyer for a sea trial when the local lake is froze solid, and the Ohio river is flooded and/or full of debri. I don't think you will beat that price for a 2004 27 in as good as condition as mine with all of the upgrades on it. I have a 35 Lightning lined up to buy, but need the 27 to leave first. Based on the responses I had to my ad, I wish those who have similar boats listed at upper 50's/low 60's, lots of luck!
Sent you a PM.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered

I bought a very clean 2000 27 fever with a 502 and 160hrs on it in October for 32500. I would never pay 55k for that boat. They are nice but not much storage. I would also want the front anchor locker. Its going to be a pain every time you use the anchor.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

I think one of the nicer features of the more recent 27 Fever, 29 Fever, and 35 Lightning (not the executioner) is the built in ladder on the swim platform. My wife has declared that as a "must have" item on any of the Fountains we own. It sure is nice for her, our kids, and guests, when they swim, and our kids love to swim! You still have to crawl over the windshield, though, to use the anchor locker. Not a big deal, especially on the 35 Lightning with the walk-around, but on the Fevers, it still forces you to stand on the seat and use the windshield as a grab rail for leverage.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob_t
I think one of the nicer features of the more recent 27 Fever, 29 Fever, and 35 Lightning (not the executioner) is the built in ladder on the swim platform. My wife has declared that as a "must have" item on any of the Fountains we own. It sure is nice for her, our kids, and guests, when they swim, and our kids love to swim! You still have to crawl over the windshield, though, to use the anchor locker. Not a big deal, especially on the 35 Lightning with the walk-around, but on the Fevers, it still forces you to stand on the seat and use the windshield as a grab rail for leverage.

Exactly, its all preference, my brother didn't want the locker, he felt it took away from the Sleek Looks, same for the ladder, again all preference.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by rmcdade
I bought a very clean 2000 27 fever with a 502 and 160hrs on it in October for 32500. I would never pay 55k for that boat. They are nice but not much storage. I would also want the front anchor locker. Its going to be a pain every time you use the anchor.
I agree. I spoke with him and his wife the other day. Greats folks, they occasionally travel from the Big Easy to LOTO. They are enthusiasts, and he kept the boat in immaculate condition. But the fact is, 55k is about 20K too high.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Baja_man
If your looking for a bargin on a 27, here is an 04 with 496 mag that is bank repo and goes to highest bidder the bank approves. I would think it could be had for upper 40's with a trailer. It looks like it might need a good cleaning though. the link will take you to main page and just search for the 27 fountain stock #W-2065.

http://www.harrisonmarine.com/
Hey thanks again for this lead. This guy has a pretty cool business and videos!

I talked with them today. Only problem is that this one has that ridiculous (IMHO) high-profile wind-screen. I once read that it was like 4k for a race fairing, plus installation (another 2-3k?) I would think replacing the high-profile with a low-profile would be just turning wrenches and no glass work (only thing I CAN'T do). Calling Fountain tomorrow(wish me luck) to see if I can get a price on a low-profile and maybe get an answer if this would require glass work.

Thinking about trying a low-ball bid, subject to survey and ecm scan.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
Hey thanks again for this lead. This guy has a pretty cool business and videos!

I talked with them today. Only problem is that this one has that ridiculous (IMHO) high-profile wind-screen. I once read that it was like 4k for a race fairing, plus installation (another 2-3k?) I would think replacing the high-profile with a low-profile would be just turning wrenches and no glass work (only thing I CAN'T do). Calling Fountain tomorrow(wish me luck) to see if I can get a price on a low-profile and maybe get an answer if this would require glass work.

Thinking about trying a low-ball bid, subject to survey and ecm scan.
Good luck on the bidding, I have placed several bids with them on other boats and have not been the highest bidder yet but keep trying. I have a bid in on one as we speak. I live about an hour and half from there and might be able to help you out on anything that may come up. And it is only $10 fee required to place a bid.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered

hi to all, i am the owner of the boat that you are all talking about and making assumptions. First off it seems to me that a few of you didn't go to NADA and do your homework, because I did and $36,000 is no where in the ball park if you list all the right options on the boat. Well as for the price that is my asking price, but I guess I can assume that those making the comments about the price would ask low end price for anything they were trying to sell. Yes and this boat has the package with the smoked windshield , no anchor locker in the bow and the swim ladder mounted to the bottom of the platform. Oh, I almost forgot, my anchor in the bag was out on the seat because I just finished cleaning. Just for knowledge my anchor is always stored and I don't find it to be a big hassle stored inside. The thing in these forums that chaps my A$$ is that you have a lot of people making comments and giving advice that do not have a clue or you have people in here that don't even own a Fountain(wanna-be's). I would be glad to discuss anything about my boat with anyone, just leave a message on this forum how I can get in touch with youi. One more thing, rmcdade you got what you got a 502 more than likely because you couldn't afford a Fountain with a 500hp in it, so I will always look behind me to see how far back you are . Have a good day all!

Quick Reply: Advise on Price of used Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.