Advise on Price of used Fever >

Advise on Price of used Fever

Notices

Advise on Price of used Fever

Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 27' fever price!!!

hi to all, i am the owner of the boat that you are all talking about and making assumptions. First off it seems to me that a few of you didn't go to NADA and do your homework, because I did and $36,000 is no where in the ball park if you list all the right options on the boat. Well as for the price that is my asking price, but I guess I can assume that those making the comments about the price would ask low end price for anything they were trying to sell. Yes and this boat has the package with the smoked windshield , no anchor locker in the bow and the swim ladder mounted to the bottom of the platform. Oh, I almost forgot, my anchor in the bag was out on the seat because I just finished cleaning. Just for knowledge my anchor is always stored and I don't find it to be a big hassle stored inside. The thing in these forums that chaps my A$$ is that you have a lot of people making comments and giving advice that do not have a clue or you have people in here that don't even own a Fountain(wanna-be's). I would be glad to discuss anything about my boat with anyone, just leave a message on this forum how I can get in touch with youi. One more thing, rmcdade you got what you got a 502 more than likely because you couldn't afford a Fountain with a 500hp in it, so I will always look behind me to see how far back you are . Have a good day all!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

I get $42-47K for this boat on NADA. It might be close to that. There are other deals to be had, but like he said it may not have the 500EFI or be in nice as condition. If he is willing to come off the $55K to where the fair market value is, its probably worth it.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Baja man you are in the ball park but still a little off. I don't understand though how you can even get an accurate price on my boat, you don't know what options I have and what options I don't have. The boat does have an 500hp EFI as it shows in the picture and the boat is in excellent condition.
But you are right there are other deals to be had, but it comes down to what you want.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

2000 was an odd-ball year for the new deck style 27's with the full frame windshields. You can spot them a mile away. There is a big white square in the windshield frame, right in the middle. Looks like there was going to be a walk thru in the windshield and then they changed their minds. Its the only year for that windshield style.

Last edited by bob_t; 02-20-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bob_t
2000 was an odd-ball year for the new deck style 27's with the full frame windshields. You can spot them a mile away. There is a big white square in the windshield frame, right in the middle. Looks like there was going to be a walk thru in the windshield and then they changed their minds. Its the only year for that windshield style.

I cant get it exact but neither can NADA, I think I have included the high dollar items that create value.....500EFI $11K, Exhaust - Silent Choice $970 $1,105
External Steering - Twin Hydraulic $1,875 $2,130
Fuel Injection $555 $630
Headers - Water Injected $335 $380
Propeller / Stainless Steel (4-Blade) $375 $425
Swim Step - Fiberglass $185 $210
Trim Indicator $100 $115
Trim Tabs / Hydraulic $425 $485
Boat Cover - 26 ft. thru 31 ft. $255 $290
Power Boat: ELECTRONICS
Battery Charger - Dual 10 amp $160 $180
Depth Sounder $130 $150
Power Boat: ENTERTAINMENT
Stereo - am/fm CD player w/4 speakers $265 $300

Now some of these I believe should not be included seperate as they are already included in the motor price like the fuel injection and the headers so you are getting double credit in my eyes. I am not sure your boat has any other high dollar items that NADA reconizes.

Dont take this the wrong way as your boat is a beautiful boat but the market sets the price and not necesarly what you think it is worth.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
but the market sets the price
exactly. until NADA starts offering to buy cars/boats/trucks at the values they give them, I'll take their numbers as being nothing more than a guess. Completely worthless in todays market.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Registered

Many of the items you listed are built in to the base price of a Fountain. They ALL come with K-planes, stainless steel propeller, hydraulic steering, a single cd stereo, mechanical indicators and a cockpit cover. I don't think they would build one without those items, even if you asked them too. The engine upgrade, deck graphics, bezels, silent choice, dual batteries and depth finder are "extras" that I noticed in a quick look at the photos, although I may have missed a few. Pretty much just a typical 500EFI 27 Fever that Fountain built hundreds just like it.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

I must say opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. Baja Man I do go by maket value, if I didn't I would be asking a $100K for it. That is what I thinks it's worth just because it is a Fountain. Another thing, where do you get your price's. I called Fountain about a cockpit cover, $1200 bucks. Some of your comments Baja Man I do take as insults, so I must ask you if you even own a Fountain with your name being Baja Man or are you from Baja California. ImaPoser you hit the nail on the head with your comment about NADA. But I must say all these were suppose to be listed as packages and individual items in the NADA book I'm pretty sure it would be. That tells me they are priced individually because these items have there own value as recognized by NADA. Well bob t this is the way I see it, a typical 27' Fever would have either a 454 mag, 502mpi or a 496ho under the hatch. That is why someone pays a lot more money this model 27' Fever. You think we see eye to eye now.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think bob t knows what he's talkin about since his 04 27 is/was priced about $10k under your 00 ya he had a black motor & yours is blue bla bla, relax a Lil dude no 1's talkin sh*t about your boat just it's a Lil overpriced which goin through all the 27's for sale your a private seller with the price or over the price of most dealers for your boat, all these guys here do there homework & it's not by using n.a.d.a as the bible it's about looking @ the prices of boats that have sold, if you haven't noticed the economy is a lil FKed right now & the value of everything has dropped considerably!!!! Even your Lil blue motor!

Oh ya & mcdade for another $23k I wonder how much work you could have done to that poor Lil ol black motor you got, I'm sure u dump that kinda money n any motor it'll make more then 500hp ya think?

Last edited by jmoore1225; 02-22-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

You also have to consider who will be buying your boat. A bank is not going to lend much if any over NADA to finance the boat. So unless your buyer is not financing, $55K or whatever price you come to over $47K wont happen.

On a side note, I think boat prices have been inflated for years and are finally coming back down to earth in the used market. I dont see a turn around in values for years to come if ever.

Good luck with your sale. And yes, everyone does have opinions that is why we are on these discussion boards, to voice ours.

Quick Reply: Advise on Price of used Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.