Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster.. >

35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster..

Notices

35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster..

Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Glenn
sorry.. Bravo 32.. I have extra..32p what this about LAB finish ?

Wow, that's a good number out of 32 Bravos! Mine runs 90 on the "same" props. What RPM do you turn the props?

Lab finish is the process by which props are made perfect, so to speak. All production props are within a certain tolerance of "perfect", the lab process takes the variables out, also can involve some changes to make the prop work better for a given boat. In general the process will up the top speed, help the acceleration and often improve the handling. I'm not the expert here so call Brett at BBlades, (OSO advertiser), great guy and a wealth of information.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is your stuff stock?
bone stock !
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Remember here that this is a small boat. Must be a handfull at that speed. I've seen one run around 100 and it wasn't pretty, all over the map!

You never did tell me what you are running for props on your 35.
considering the 35's beak i'd say it's no bigger than my 32 sunny.

watch the video...it's far from all over the place. actually it runs incredibly smooth at a very comfortable angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cv8RQKSpA
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

watch the video...it's far from all over the place. actually it runs incredibly smooth at a very comfortable angle.
Well if we are getting into that the first boat I drove was a 1949 18 foot century, and it was a "real" 18 foot because the swim platform wasn't built in and the bow was nearly vertical
Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by intouch1

32 SS/SSR Sunsation, both seem to show same spec.
LOA ..... 32'
Beam ..... 8'1"
Dry Weight ..... 7100 lbs.

33 Fountain Lightning
LOA ..... 33'
Beam ..... 8'6"
Dry Weight ..... 8800 lbs.

35 Fountain Lightning
LOA ..... 35'
Beam ..... 8'6"
Dry Weight ..... 9500 lbs.

Call it as you wish, but the 33 Fountain is closer though it is 1700 lbs heavier, and carries more beam. Both have swim platforms of essentially the same size and the beak deal is an old wives tale. Point here, take the side profile of a Fountain beak and connect the tip of the bow back into the keel line skipping the reversed curve that forms the beak profile. What do you get? Same look as many other builders? The only thing it really shrinks is the space in the anchor locker. It may be close to the 33, but a mile off from the 35.

I did watch your video, and it looks pretty solid in what appears to be a 6" chop. My comment comes from being in a club fun run with a 32 Dominator. It ran over 100 in light chop much like in your video, as we got into the rougher stuff it wasn't so pretty. I've run near some 32 SSR's in the crossed up chit of a poker run and they seem to chine walk and hunt around a lot. No offense here, jut what I've seen, maybe it was the operator.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-09-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered

Thats awsome speeds on that sunsation!! WOW. How many race wins do they have? How many world speed records?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Thats awsome speeds on that sunsation!! WOW. How many race wins do they have? How many world speed records?
oh, i couldn't care really. it's just very nice boat giving me lots of pleasure and the company's support is second to none.

in the real world that is what really counts. to me at least.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice baot intouch. my buddy runs an older 32 and ive been in it at over 100mph and rock solid. the boat was like a dart in the stirred up chit, (1000 islands run.) the boat runs 115 with 5 people in it all the time, every poker run and you are correct about factory support.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Wow, that's a good number out of 32 Bravos! Mine runs 90 on the "same" props. What RPM do you turn the props?

Lab finish is the process by which props are made perfect, so to speak. All production props are within a certain tolerance of "perfect", the lab process takes the variables out, also can involve some changes to make the prop work better for a given boat. In general the process will up the top speed, help the acceleration and often improve the handling. I'm not the expert here so call Brett at BBlades, (OSO advertiser), great guy and a wealth of information.
5350, just getting some beeping sounds.. must be bumping the limiters...I am matching Fountains test sheets.. therefor I should be happy...BUT... I wanted to see if anyone with stock has seen 91 plus...my 29 Fountain w /500 ran 71 plus..don't miss it at all !
Props..the problem with props is that there is no garrentee that the investment will work. OK , for $2000 show me 93 mph. I'll pay that.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered

5350, just getting some beeping sounds.. must be bumping the limiters.

Mine will "beep" at me in some chop with the 32 Bravos on as well, the over-rev is, so I'm told, wired into the alarm. Took a few times to figure out what was going on, yo do some frantic gauge scanning the first couple times it goes off.

This TS 35 is one he!! of a boat, I'm really loving this one. I saw 94 last spring, problem is that once you see it you want it all the time and even more. Still working on that deal. I'm willing to spend the money to play with the props, just flat refuse to dick with the engines, I've seen friends go that route and spend piles of money only to find themselves broke. For me it's not worth it any more. BBlades is making some more changes to the 5 blades right now, we'll see where that goes. Then we've talked about trying some different things with the Bravos as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.