Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Chocks in forward anchor locker? >

Chocks in forward anchor locker?

Notices

Chocks in forward anchor locker?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chocks in forward anchor locker?

My boat had work done in the anchor locker before I bought it so I'm not sure what it should be like. Do you have any anchor chocks or something to stabilize the anchor down there? I just have a ledge- [previously replaced] extending two thirds of the way back to aft about half way deep in there. Then the rope can be stored under the ledge but the anchor is completely loose hanging back over the ledge. Is this the way the factory does it? Anyone do anything to stabilize the anchor? Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Registered

Since 34 have viewed and no replies, I guess noone has anything stabilizing their anchors either? Just seems like a bad place for 15-20 lbs of loose steel on an offshore performance boat.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure what kind of anchor you have. My locker has a plastic v block on the floor that matches the shape of the anchor. The handle of the anchor is held in by a pin. Very solid set up.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 2002 29' Fever and our 2004 27' Fever had just the ledge, and on the 27, that ledge was broken. On our 35' Lightning Twin Step, there was a holder for the anchor base and pin for the "handle". The 35 came with a nice polished stainless steel anchor. The 27 and 29 did not - just the empty compartment with no means to secure an anchor.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pat Ousborne
My boat had work done in the anchor locker before I bought it so I'm not sure what it should be like. Do you have any anchor chocks or something to stabilize the anchor down there? I just have a ledge- [previously replaced] extending two thirds of the way back to aft about half way deep in there. Then the rope can be stored under the ledge but the anchor is completely loose hanging back over the ledge. Is this the way the factory does it? Anyone do anything to stabilize the anchor? Any ideas?
The '97 model sport cruisers have a fiberglass ledge with a stainless steel bracket and pin that fits through the anchor to lock it in. It sounds like you're just missing the bracket and pin which should be a very easy fix.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Registered

Thanks everyone. Now it makes sense that my boat had a pin and something to stabilize it which was not replaced when the prev owner replaced the broken ledge. I'll check with fountain to see what I need.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered

Pat when you find out please post what you find. I am in need of the same thing Daryl
Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

After speaking with Fountain I found out they manufacture one anchor and a bracket at Fountain to fit together as a set and is the same exact size package used on all the performance models going back to 1997 and further.It is not made anywhere else only at Fountain. Sounds ok but the costs are outrageous! - Anchor $497.-,Bracket $425.- I have been looking online and may try a Perko anchor chock carried by West Marine for $109.99? I need to go see it in person .If anyone else has a better idea I'm open to suggestions. I don't know exactly what I'm trying to match. Wonder what Formula or other companys use ?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Don't know how much this will help but here's a picture of the '06 35 set up.

Anchor sits in a base bracket, then the shaft part (?) slides into another bracket and is secured with the pin. Anchor and brackets are stainless, other than that looks like any Danforth style and not much to the brackets. I Could get some more/better pics if you would like.
Attached Thumbnails Chocks in forward anchor locker?-100_4270.jpg  

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 04-13-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Mine has no bracket. The rode and chain fill up the compartment, so the anchor is held firmly in place when the hatch is closed - it can't move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.