Bow Cleat Loose >

Bow Cleat Loose

Notices

Bow Cleat Loose

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow Cleat Loose

Hey guys i have a 94 38 Fever. The front bow cleat is loose and its not the screws on top of the boat its something at the bottom. I know there is acess in the front panel behind the mirror. Whats involved to tighten it? Is it a big deal? or easy?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ghost
Hey guys i have a 94 38 Fever. The front bow cleat is loose and its not the screws on top of the boat its something at the bottom. I know there is acess in the front panel behind the mirror. Whats involved to tighten it? Is it a big deal? or easy?
There is a piece of all-thread connecting the bow cleat to the bow strap hook underneath. We did it on a buddy of mines 38 Fountain. First we undid the two screws on top. we unscrewed the cleat just enough to put some fresh silicone, 5200, whatever your choice. Then, he got in the cabin to hold the all-thread with a pipe wrench while I re-tightened the cleat as tight as I could by running a bar through the hole for leverage. When we were done we put some more silicone in the upper screw hole and re inserted them. That was two or three years ago and as far as I know it is still tight.

You can do it that way or you can hold the cleat on the deck while someone else tightens the all-thread with a pipe wrench. Probably the better way to ensure the screw holes still line up when tightened.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What he said .. just make sure you seal it with silicone before you tighten it up .. remove it seal it and reinstall