Spring Cleaning Question...

Notices

Spring Cleaning Question...

Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Cleaning Question...

I have a 1998 fever that I got out of storage to do some spring cleaning. I am planning on getting the interior all replaced in the next couple of weeks. However the actual fiberglass parts of the interior (mainly the floor) has been discolored with age and weather. Is there something that will bring back the brand new bright white look? Or does it need to be repainted? I know once I get all the vinyl interior replaced the dingy looking floor will really be an eye sore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have the same problem on my red floor...some stains/dirt that just won't come out...I've scrubbed pretty good...no dice.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

You could try Soft-Scrub with bleach. I've used it for years and it kinda works like a mild compound, only with some cleaning power as well. Just get a good stiff brush and have at it.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Slimy grimy works great. It will remove any stain from fiberglass. If you keep your boat on a river or lake you will know what i mean... I leave my boat in for 2 weeks tops and i get a yellow tint to it and i spray slimy grimy on it and it drips off without scrubbing it works like muriatec acid but its NOT ACIDIC. West marine in Buffalo NY does not carry it but im sure you can Google it. Good luck
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use 3m rubbing compound and it will restore the color and look like a mirror again.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

the floor has grooves in it to prevent slipping, think the rubbing compound would work?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered

yes, just wash with warm soap and water when you are done and the compound will not harden in the cracks.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

3m also makes a marine compound. the only difference is the color of the compound, it's white. with most gelcoat and fiberglass being white on boats it is a little more forgiving (wont leave any type of stain). most compounds have a yellowish color to them and fiberglass is porous sucking the tint of the compound into it. go with the marine white unless you have a colored boat.