Fountain Reliability? >

Fountain Reliability?

Notices

Fountain Reliability?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
He would do very well if he could get his hands on one as anybody that worked for Baja back in the day would tell you that the 32 Caliber was one of the best boats Baja ever built.

Now I am starting to see a pattern here... the Fountain guy's have some kind of closet issue about riding with there male buddies.
A Baja is a Baja, a FOUNTAIN is a FOUNTAIN, I don't care how many you worked on, they are two different boats. Baja's are more of a production boat, nothing wrong with that, FOUNTAINS are more of a one off, most everything on, and in a FOUNTAIN is made in house, to fit and work perfectly in the boat.
Simply the fastest, and safest boat one the water..l
Old 04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
A Baja is a Baja, a FOUNTAIN is a FOUNTAIN, I don't care how many you worked on, they are two different boats. Baja's are more of a production boat, nothing wrong with that, FOUNTAINS are more of a one off, most everything on, and in a FOUNTAIN is made in house, to fit and work perfectly in the boat.
Simply the fastest, and safest boat one the water..l

Reggie is thata you ?????
Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He would do very well if he could get his hands on one as anybody that worked for Baja back in the day would tell you that the 32 Caliber was one of the best boats Baja ever built.
That may very well be. I've never been on one. A friend was going to borrow one a couple yrs ago from a dealer/friend that we 2 couples (that's 2 guys, 2 girls, ) were going to take to a poker run. It had the 4 stand up bolsters. Perfect setup. But it sold beforehand.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 04-21-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Perhaps you should be looking for a 32' Baja Caliber. I see you can take all your male buddies with you.
Haaaaa. I see that in that pic.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blownincome
Paisan link to pics
Bob
http://www.eastcoastflightcraft.com/...ionerMann.html

click on the pic for interior shots
Thanks, really like it, just waiting on the insurance to settle, which of course could take an ice age.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Paisan
Thanks for the input guys especially gerritm. It will make passing over the Sunsation a bit easier, because that's one thing I'm looking for is a nice smooth ride for the wife, speed isn't a top priority for me, stability is.

Thanks and keep the comments flowing.

-mike
Mike, not bashing Sunsation at all. The newer 07's -- 32SS have a higher freeboard and better ride. The problem is the length and weight. There is no substitute for length, HP, and weight. Sunsation builds a light fast good handling boat. Great for inland waters. They are located in Michigan. It would be a great boat for most any lake. It just doesn't have the weight and length to be a wave crusher. Unfortunetly they built the 43 instead of a 38. The 38 Sunsation would have been perfect.
The 43 is a great boat but priced out of the market for most. I looked at them before I bought the Fountain.

Baja is also a great inland lake boat. But it can't take the beating you will get on the Great Lakes and the ocean. I have several friends in our boat clubs with 32-36 and up Baja's and after every hard run they are always fixing something that came loose. I have lived on Lake Michigan and the gulf and have boated in both. Baja is a good started boat and you get a lot for your money. The new ones Reggie is building already are faster and better. The problem is size for size and engine for engine they are never going to handle or go as fast as a Foutain.

Dollar for dollar you can't beat a Fountain. For speed and reliability you are getting a bargain. Get as long a boat as you can afford and have fun. This will make it more enjoyable in the long run. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
Mike, not bashing Sunsation at all. The newer 07's -- 32SS have a higher freeboard and better ride. The problem is the length and weight. There is no substitute for length, HP, and weight. Sunsation builds a light fast good handling boat. Great for inland waters. They are located in Michigan. It would be a great boat for most any lake. It just doesn't have the weight and length to be a wave crusher. Unfortunetly they built the 43 instead of a 38. The 38 Sunsation would have been perfect.
The 43 is a great boat but priced out of the market for most. I looked at them before I bought the Fountain.

Baja is also a great inland lake boat. But it can't take the beating you will get on the Great Lakes and the ocean. I have several friends in our boat clubs with 32-36 and up Baja's and after every hard run they are always fixing something that came loose. I have lived on Lake Michigan and the gulf and have boated in both. Baja is a good started boat and you get a lot for your money. The new ones Reggie is building already are faster and better. The problem is size for size and engine for engine they are never going to handle or go as fast as a Foutain.

Dollar for dollar you can't beat a Fountain. For speed and reliability you are getting a bargain. Get as long a boat as you can afford and have fun. This will make it more enjoyable in the long run. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Thanks for the inciteful post. My 33 OL was good but like you said it beat yah pretty good. I like the new Sunsations but they are out of my price range, so I'm honing in on Fountains and Formulas right now. At least til we get a settlement from the insurance company.

I've found a bunch of both the Fountains and Formulas that I like, just a matter of finding out which ones I can get in my price range and condition etc.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Paisan
Thanks for the inciteful post. My 33 OL was good but like you said it beat yah pretty good. I like the new Sunsations but they are out of my price range, so I'm honing in on Fountains and Formulas right now. At least til we get a settlement from the insurance company.

I've found a bunch of both the Fountains and Formulas that I like, just a matter of finding out which ones I can get in my price range and condition etc.

-mike
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Fountain is going to give you the most overall. Speed, looks, good ride and reliability. Formula will give you a solid good riding well made boat. Get a survey before you buy. Engine and hull. It is worth the extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Reliability?-07-emerald-coast2.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Brian 41 my 00 35 FOUNTAIN with stock 500HPs runs 82 with 140 gallions of fuel with 3 grils.......2 guyes stock Ttt Ttt
Old 04-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am taller, wider, heavier and look at the size of the cockpit. in a 35 Fountain 5 guy's would be balls the butts...maybe you guy's like it that way. .
Here is my 32 with 6 guy's (Mic counts as 2) and still room for 4 more.
Self explanatory...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.