New 33 Fountain reviews?? >

New 33 Fountain reviews??

Notices

New 33 Fountain reviews??

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 33 Fountain reviews??

Anyone driven a 33 yet. The boat looks great, but how does it handle??
Old 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not drive the 33 fountain, however I dug up my old boating magazines and have information about it from the Sept 2008 issue in Boating magazine. The boat ran a top speed of 82.9mph at 5000 with twin 496 Mag HO's, no optional power available. They made a note stating that the boat is 2 feet shorter than the 35 lightning but has a cockpit 2 feet longer than the 35's because of the staggered motors.

From Boating Magazine
High Points: "With twin 496 Mag HO's, it's one of the fastest boats in its class. Full standard equipment list has everything needed to run offshore. Adjustable height lounge in cabin enhances versatility, side by side engines allow for a larger cockpit."

Low Points: "Not everyone will love the idea of batteries placed in the cabin. If you stand up to drive, you'll get pelted by the breeze. First time high performance boaters would probably prefer starboard-side throttles.

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I was in a Fountain dealers showroom back around the holidays and spent some time in a new 33 Lightning, never been on the water in one. Thought it was well done boat and if I was looking to somewhat downsize that I would definitely consider looking further into this boat. I thought to myself that this boat would be a real blast with some 525's back there. My impression was a great "sports car" version of an offshore.