Just got home from Desert Storm, Havasu >

Just got home from Desert Storm, Havasu

Notices

Just got home from Desert Storm, Havasu

Old 04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got home from Desert Storm, Havasu

I spent the week end at Lake Havasu and Desert Storm Poker Run and the Shoot out. Was an unbelievable showing of beautiful boats, one nicer than the next.

The event was very well run, and everything was first class, even the banquet, Filet and Chicken, and I would say that nearly everyone left with one or more prizes/gifts. First class affair.

The shoot out was very impressive, there was a gentleman there from Nebraska, can't remember his name, but he had an Eliminator 33' Daytona and he made a 170 mph pass and then backed it up with a 174 mph pass. It was really something to see and hear!

The poker run was really fun, there were about 160 boats and everyone followed the rules, went real fast and had a lot of fun, and there were no problems, other than a few boats being towed in.

All in all, I can't wait for next year.

Dave Kahn
"Kahn Job"
Old 04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Dkahnjob, that is right; from Nebraska. Alliance that is. He has spent a lot of money trying to put this together and Gary Teague just put the engines in this week, so to come out of the shop and hit 174 is kick butt. We are ready getting ready for LOTO this year and it should be another good year their!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
Dkahnjob, that is right; from Nebraska. Alliance that is. He has spent a lot of money trying to put this together and Gary Teague just put the engines in this week, so to come out of the shop and hit 174 is kick butt. We are ready getting ready for LOTO this year and it should be another good year their!
28Eliminator, do you have any details on the engines or set up on the boat? How much HP? Cubic inches? etc.
That boat sounded and looked so much faster than anything else out there it was incredible. Very, very impressive.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

Well it was all just changed, so I don't know as much detail as I would like. I know that they pulled the CI from 63? back to 600ci, probably a 598 profile. It has big chief heads, and the newest whipple 8.3 chargers. 2 weeks ago they were breaking in the engines on the dyno and running 15lbs of boost, and hitting 1640HP. There were going to up it to 17lbs an hoping to hit 1700HP.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 28Eliminator
Well it was all just changed, so I don't know as much detail as I would like. I know that they pulled the CI from 63? back to 600ci, probably a 598 profile. It has big chief heads, and the newest whipple 8.3 chargers. 2 weeks ago they were breaking in the engines on the dyno and running 15lbs of boost, and hitting 1640HP. There were going to up it to 17lbs an hoping to hit 1700HP.
WOW, those are really impressive numbers. I can tell you that it was really singing a song.
thanks for the info.
Dave
Old 04-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of those "Screw type" superchargers take 300 HP to spin.