Anyone else watching this 29?

Notices

Anyone else watching this 29?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else watching this 29?

Hi,
Just wondering if I am only one out there watching the activity on this 29 fever from NY? I think the first time I saw it was on ebay, then I believe he put on offshore classifieds for awhile. Any idea why it hasn't sold yet? It looks like a nice boat and competitively priced. He's tried it on ebay a least two or three times. economy?

Thanks
Tom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110385839456
Old 05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it could be the z stripes or the 2 tone trailer , both don't grab me . but everything else is nice .
Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

That boat has been for sale for 9 months that I can recall. IMO they want too much for it.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered

salesdeity, what do you think a fair $$ should be?

How's your 04 been for you?

Tom
Old 05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Tom, I want to see another Fountain owner get as much as possible b/c that could be me someday. But it's a tough time to sell a boat.

There's a mint-looking 2006 w/twins and a new triple axle trailer that's been on and off ebay for some time too that can't bring high 70s. Granted the single and twin setups are two different animals but you can use both as a general gauge of price sensitivity.

One of my buddies is interested and has the cash but looking to pay considerably less than advertised.

I'm sympathetic to their cause. I think the boat would move if priced in the 70s - a price fair for a buyer but not sure if the seller would feel the same..
Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered

thanks salesdeity, Its just the write up on ebay claims over 150k paid and only 60 hrs later he's willing to take 80's or low 90's? Somethings not adding up, did he really pay 150K?

Are you happy with your 2004 and was yours in that ballpark? Also, do you mind sharing what you pay in insurance? I'm very serious about a purchase down the road, I just need to plan.
I was going to focus on a 27 but after all the reading found that the 29 was the one for me. Anything bigger would not work for me due to location/storage..etc

Tom
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

Tom, insurance for $90K of coverage is approximately $900. The 29 is a solid performer. If you email me at [email protected], I'll give you more information.