cabin door latch >

cabin door latch

Notices

cabin door latch

Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mapism
Just curious, I didn't understand what's wrong with that wheel exactly.
I have a similar one on my 27, and it does cover some gauges (also because the dash is the latest design with the monster ones), but I don't see how a different wheel could improve that.

There's nothing wrong with it. Just being a non-semetrical spoke design on a boat with hydraulic steering means it will not always return to a centered position every time. If it was on a cable system you can center it and it will always be that way when running straight. Symetrical spokes are not always perfect either, but they are closer no matter where they are.

If we all wanted the same wheel, someone would make one and we would all have it.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
it will not always return to a centered position every time
Now I see what you mean. I understood it was a matter of instruments visibility.
In fact, in this respect I'd love to have my wheel always centered while cruising, but I guess it wouldn't be much better with the typical 120 degrees three spokes.
I was tempted to fit the one below to improve visibility... Wadduthink, is it too serious for a Fountain?
With apologies to the OP for the thread drift!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mapism
I was tempted to fit the one below to improve visibility... Wadduthink, is it too serious for a Fountain?

All my Sea Rays had this exact wheel, they turned just fine!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered new ones last year. If you look on the back of the ones that you have there is a company name. I can not remember what it was, my boat is in storage or I would just go look and tell you. They were about 8-11 bucks each.

Look and find the name, Google it and the number comes up and the part number is right below their name. The white ones will always turn yellow so I would just get the black ones.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Potomac Fever
I purchased a wheel from Speed and Custom Marine from OSO classifieds. not real expensive and good to deal with. picked up the phone talked to a real person asked alot of questions 2 day later I was installing it. It was a color but they have white, I sold my white stock wheel also. good luck in your search

I have also ordered a lot of stuff from Scott at Speed & Custom, Great guy and great prices. He can pretty much answer any question you have and if he is not available, his wife Kathy knows just as much. This dash set up I got from him and the price was great. (Dont mind the wire hanging, this was mid install) lol
Attached Thumbnails cabin door latch-122.jpg  

Last edited by TheDG; 03-22-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Justen
thought you sold that dash with the boat
Rich
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Hey Rich, How are you doing buddy? Still have the boat, should be ready to drop in the water in the next few weeks.

Send me a PM, we will catch up.