Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I >

1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Notices

1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to buy that 27 you were refering to last year when it was on the market. It has a 500HP, non EFI. Dont let them fool you the boat is definately not a 10, more like a 7. 2 large burns in the interior (too big for a cigarette) and a bunch of scratches through the gel kind of turned me off.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

That is what I figured, if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

THanks to everyone for all of the replies.
I went this morning and crawled all over the boat ,inside and out . I will say that if you set this one beside a 2008-09 boat , you could not tell the difference. It is absolutely immaculate.
I have scheduled a ride for my wife (got to include her on the decision) and i for this evening .
If all goes well i guess ill have a decision to make tonight.
RIght now i am leaning toward just doing it.
I have went over and over in my head ,mainly because i had never dreamed of buying a 32 , and or budgeted for it .
So when i first found out about it , i was like hell no . I cant afford it , and its too damn long. But the more i crunch numbers , and look at the pix i took , its a no brainer . I will keep you informed!
Thank you again for the replies!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

The bigger the better for the Great Lakes(Erie). I also had a 28 Pantera that I put 502mags in and it was very good on fuel.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a good price for a 32, you will be much happier with a turn key boat than a project. BTW fuel consumption on twin vs single can be debated?? Twins burn more but its a bigger boat, put a single in a 32 and see what it burns remember the twins don't work anywhere near as hard as a single either. I think you found a winner.

WILL
Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dookie
THanks to everyone for all of the replies.
I went this morning and crawled all over the boat ,inside and out . I will say that if you set this one beside a 2008-09 boat , you could not tell the difference. It is absolutely immaculate.
I have scheduled a ride for my wife (got to include her on the decision) and i for this evening .
If all goes well i guess ill have a decision to make tonight.
RIght now i am leaning toward just doing it.
I have went over and over in my head ,mainly because i had never dreamed of buying a 32 , and or budgeted for it .
So when i first found out about it , i was like hell no . I cant afford it , and its too damn long. But the more i crunch numbers , and look at the pix i took , its a no brainer . I will keep you informed!
Thank you again for the replies!!!!
Dookie, sounds like you found your boat. If anyone else knows of any clean 32's pls let me know!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drvnavet21
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95299090

Follow this link to the 98 Fever. It has a black and gold stripe on the side. This boat is sweet, if I downsized I would be going to this one. Have you ever heard of "National Liquidators" They sell boats that are repo'd, the guy that owns this boat owns the compeitior company to them. He bought the boat from the FBI and he just took it out last weekend. He said the boat is a 1998 that looks like it was made in 2009. It comes with all the equipment and a brand new Ventura aluminum tandem trailer that has diamond plate fenders.

The owners name is Jeff, call and ask for him. The lady that will answer the phone is hard to deal with, knows nothing, and not the friendliest person alive......lol

I thought Dave was the owner? He is pretty tight lipped about all the boats in his lot. Surprised you were able to get this amount of info. I have not had any luck with them.

Dont get me wrong the boat is nice but it looks like the original boater was an amatuer or did just did not care.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a 27 before my current '99 32'. Both are great boats at what they do. You'll love the 32. We keep ours on a lift and stay on it every Thur nite thru sun, May thru Nov. We have no problems with the room. If it had a chitter.......
Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I have couple friends that have had 32's and were very happy with them. The 502's are good power in that hull and you should be very happy with the performance. Sounds like a very fair deal, good luck, hope it all works out in your favor.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Ok , I went out on the 32 with the wife , my nine year old , and my two year old little girl. Everyone absolutely loved it . The owner brought his wife and we were very comfortable . I will say that everyone of you were spot on . THis is a awesome feeling boat , and could not see how anyone would not like one of these . I was very impressed to say the least . I honestly was thinking it would kind of be like an albatross ,but in fact was really nimble. We really were not able to get into any rough water , but it seemed like it would handle what ever water we would face with ease. Im definately sold on it , and am going to sleep on it , and grill it over with the wifey. MaYBE I will be a new owner by the weekend. THank you everyone for the great advice!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.