1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck dookie... Post some pics when you bring her home
Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 29 fever with 502 efi's and wish I had a 32. I trailer it everywhere and its no problem whatsover. The 502's sip gas. I fill mine up 3 times a summer and go out probably every other weekend. Go BIG!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck dude! You won't regret it.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just sold my 1998 32' Fever w/502/415 engines. Great boat! I owned it for four years and loved it. It was one sweet hot rod. If you can buy that boat for $42K you should jump on it quick. That is way below the low market price. You will not be sorry.

Originally Posted by dookie
Ok , I went out on the 32 with the wife , my nine year old , and my two year old little girl. Everyone absolutely loved it . The owner brought his wife and we were very comfortable . I will say that everyone of you were spot on . THis is a awesome feeling boat , and could not see how anyone would not like one of these . I was very impressed to say the least . I honestly was thinking it would kind of be like an albatross ,but in fact was really nimble. We really were not able to get into any rough water , but it seemed like it would handle what ever water we would face with ease. Im definately sold on it , and am going to sleep on it , and grill it over with the wifey. MaYBE I will be a new owner by the weekend. THank you everyone for the great advice!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Registered

Buy now,buy now! If its as nice as you say it is I would go for it I have had my 27 for a couple of months and I think Im going to look around for a 38 soon twins are scary for a sec till you ride in one,then its on!!! Good luck bro...
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

Brought the boat home yesterday evening late. On the way home I wanted to go ahead and fill it up to see how much fuel we had burned on our test drive. I hate to sound like i am whining but i was shocked a little. It took 26 gallons , I want to think that he did not have it full like he thought it did, but maybe im wrong . It did seem like a bit much for an hour of cruising around . But we didnt run it hard , w.o.t for about a mile and a half , the rest of the time about 48 mph.

Anyways i love the boat . I still cant get over how nice it is.
I am surprised how many impellers he said he has been through , thought maybe 4 sets? Im assuming the 98s dont have sea strainers? He also said that the foot of the bravo doesnt have a pump in it , is this true?

Would love to post pix but not sure how , maybe i can email to someone and they can post?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Brought the boat home yesterday evening late. On the way home I wanted to go ahead and fill it up to see how much fuel we had burned on our test drive. I hate to sound like i am whining but i was shocked a little. It took 26 gallons , I want to think that he did not have it full like he thought it did, but maybe im wrong . It did seem like a bit much for an hour of cruising around . But we didnt run it hard , w.o.t for about a mile and a half , the rest of the time about 48 mph.

Anyways i love the boat . I still cant get over how nice it is.
I am surprised how many impellers he said he has been through , thought maybe 4 sets? Im assuming the 98s dont have sea strainers? He also said that the foot of the bravo doesnt have a pump in it , is this true?

Would love to post pix but not sure how , maybe i can email to someone and they can post?
You can run through a lot of fuel quickly, but never slowly.
No sea strainers as standard equipment. I change my impellors every other spring. 2 yrs is about all mine will last and changing them on the water in a hot engine compartment ain't fun. Been there, done that. Correct, the sea water pump is on the motor down low, none in the drive like the Alphas.

Be forwarned if you end up with a Fountain, the gas gauge is way off. It'll read full for a long time, then drop fast. When it reads over 1/2, start thinking about gas. When it reads 1/4, better have that gas dock in sight.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Registered

Ok , i did not want to ask the question about the pumps on here because i felt like an idiot. I guess i am going to pull both off this week and attempt to change , One engine was running a little higher oil temp than the other . Im not sure but i remember correctly on of the water pressure gauges was maxed out and the other was about 3/4.
Please forgive the questions , but im sure i will be asking several , till i get used to her.
How bad is it to install sea strainers ? Best , most economical ones to buy ? Or do i even need? should i just plan on changing the impellers at the first of every season?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Registered

that boat comes stock with strainers on the bulkhead, you can change to aftermarket but that's just spending money. I would change the sea pumps on any boat that I just purchased unless the boat was brand new. It's so easy to do and could cost you your motors, exhaust and more if you bag one on the water, never mind the inconvenience.

Congrats on the Fountain, we love our 32 and I wouldn't swap it for anything else. It trailers great, takes big water and is plenty fast for what I want to do. Don't EVER leave it on a buoy overnight, 32's are notorious sinkers. I've left mine out but I didn't sleep all night.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Ok , i did not want to ask the question about the pumps on here because i felt like an idiot.

On here there really is no such thing as a dumb question, now the answers are at times a whole diffrent deal.

As far as the strainers, NOT a standard thing on a Fountain. If you don't have them don't feel like you've cheated out of something. Most people don't have, or even have any need for them. It depends on where you boat and the conditions, or requirements of your engine set up. I have had a lot of different boats and only one had strainers, they were installed only for the protection of the intercoolers on some supercharged motors, nothing to do with the basic engine cooling on my set up.

Good luck with your new toy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.