1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I >

1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Notices

1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 fountain 32 twin 502 , should I

Alright some of you gave me some good advice on the 27 fever that needed work that i was considering. Upon, doing the research with the local guy that did the work on this boat , i got a lead on another local boat that i have never seen before. Im pretty sure its a no brainer but i want your opinions none the less.
1998 Fountain twin engine 502s Immaculate condition
325 hours
68 year old Gentleman is the only owner bought it with 2 hours.
stored its whole life in a building.
Can be bought for bottom line $42,000.00
Maintenance always kept up
Boat honestly looks like its 2 years old.

Ive honestly never considered a 32 , just wanted to stay with a 27 and maybe a 29 for the right deal.
Are the 32s that much better boat?
How is the fuel consumption?
I know the maintenance automatically doubles but will i enjoy this boat much more for the money?
Is it a great deal or just mediocre in this market?
THank you Again.
Terry
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

I am being told that any boat with Twins is a nightmare for fuel consumption........but then again if you beat a single screw boat the gas will go just as fast.

I personally would go for the larger boat. More room more enjoyment, but they are harder to trailer, more work, yada yada yada.

I have been looking around and that is a GREAT deal in my opinion, but deals will always be out there.

I know where a 98 Fever is that literately only has less than 50 hours on it. You can but this boat with the brand new trailer for 38K. It is BRAND NEW! The story with it was it was seized by the FBI back in 98 and then stored. The boat was just out last weekend and it ran great. It also has a 500EFI. I am not sure what the deal is that you were looking at.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered

It also has a 500EFI. I am not sure what the deal is that you were looking at.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are saying here?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drvnavet21
I am being told that any boat with Twins is a nightmare for fuel consumption........but then again if you beat a single screw boat the gas will go just as fast.

I personally would go for the larger boat. More room more enjoyment, but they are harder to trailer, more work, yada yada yada.

I have been looking around and that is a GREAT deal in my opinion, but deals will always be out there.

I know where a 98 Fever is that literately only has less than 50 hours on it. You can but this boat with the brand new trailer for 38K. It is BRAND NEW! The story with it was it was seized by the FBI back in 98 and then stored. The boat was just out last weekend and it ran great. It also has a 500EFI. I am not sure what the deal is that you were looking at.

THat boat is a 27 correct?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Buy the 32 you won't regret it.... Fuel consumption is not double the cost of a single usually bigger tanks fill up on land run all weekend no paying an extra .60-.70 cents a gallon on water plus engines are not running as hard as 1 usually... Much much better ride on the 32 then the 27, if 1 motor goes your not stranded n the middle of the lake also... Not to be an a*s but if your worried about fuel consumption differences between these 2 boats you've talked about you might be gettin in the wrong hobbie... All in all gas isn't that bad at these prices when it's what it was last year is when it gets hard on the average Joe, hell i've been out on the lake 4 or 5 times on one tank of gas that's including a whole weekend on Cumberland for the OSS races 120 gallons... Don't be scared if you like the boat then buy it... As long as your happy with it that's all that matters
Old 06-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

That sounds like a steal to me. I assume the motors are EFI, if so check the computers, hour meters are not always right.

You can also sleep on the 32, we spend weekends on ours, small but better then a tent.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Registered

I owned a 98 32' w/ twin 502's a few years back.
It's a great boat considering.... and it is a fast little boat and well handleing.
If i can help it i would never buy a single engine boat again (offshore style etc...) as for worse fuel consumption - maybe a tad bit but each engine on a twin is working much less to equal same speed as a single ... anyway the 502's sip fuel so no worries.
My biggest concern is the 32's sit soooo low in the rear it would take on water just sitting at the dock ! Always make sure your bildge pumps are working or you'll be in trouble.
my.02
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go big , go big , go big
Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Sounds like a no brainer if the boat is nice. I had a 32 and loved the boat.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
Where is the 98 Fever ???? PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95299090

Follow this link to the 98 Fever. It has a black and gold stripe on the side. This boat is sweet, if I downsized I would be going to this one. Have you ever heard of "National Liquidators" They sell boats that are repo'd, the guy that owns this boat owns the compeitior company to them. He bought the boat from the FBI and he just took it out last weekend. He said the boat is a 1998 that looks like it was made in 2009. It comes with all the equipment and a brand new Ventura aluminum tandem trailer that has diamond plate fenders.

The owners name is Jeff, call and ask for him. The lady that will answer the phone is hard to deal with, knows nothing, and not the friendliest person alive......lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.