Need Bow Cleat!! >

Need Bow Cleat!!

Notices

Need Bow Cleat!!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Bow Cleat!!

Just bought an 05 fountain 35 executioner and the bow cleat is missing. Where can I get a replacement and how do you mount it? Called fountain, but they never called me back.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since no one has even responded (like calling Fountain), try calling Shogren (Chicagofountain.com). They are a huge Fountain dealer and very busy but never seem to be too busy to help people with little things. I think they are like old-fashioned businessmen, figuring that if they help you out now, maybe you will buy your next boat from them.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

On my 42 you access the bow cleat via the anchor locker....the cleat screws on to a peice of allthread that is then attached at the base forward of the anchor....there are two screws that keep the cleat from twisting loose
Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
On my 42 you access the bow cleat via the anchor locker....the cleat screws on to a peice of allthread that is then attached at the base forward of the anchor....there are two screws that keep the cleat from twisting loose

Same here, and also tied into to the bow eye as well. Easy to do on a Lightning with the anchor locker. The 35 EX does not have the anchor locker so you will likely have to remove the mirror panel at the foreward end of the vee birth to access the area.