Stay away from Stevemamanfountain

Notices

Stay away from Stevemamanfountain

Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Stevemamanfountain

Hi guys,

Courtesy post on idiot who goes by Stevemamanfountain.

Had listed info on 1999 Lightning I am selling due to a debt owed to me. Have been as straightforward and honest as possible, even having the engines scanned to verify hours.

Stevemamanfountain lowballs the price, and to move the boat I agree to a $20k price reduction. Less than boat worth, but I figure that everyone will be happy.

He makes arrangements to pick up boat Monday after the 4th of July. He is from Montreal, I live in MA.

I am vacationing at my house in Maine and explain to him that I will have to leave my family vacation and 2 young daughters for 2 days to drive home, pick up boat, tow to NH and put in water for him to test. I also put him in touch with last two people who worked on boat who confirmed that the engines were in good shape and had not been run hard, always in fresh water, etc., thus they did not think the engines had been rebuilt.

This guy waits for me to drive all they way home and then starts badgering me to take another $3k off the price, how can I let the deal die for $3k etc etc etc.

At this point I would rather let my kids use the boat as a fort in the backyard, I owe nothing and am not financially stressed, but this guy keeps trying to bang me down over and over. Now I am P*(#&ssed

Long story short, I lose 2 days with my kids on vacation for nothing.

Anyone who plans on doing business with this liar - beware- you have been warned.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate people who do business like that, I straight up walk, let a deal go for 3K you bet I will, road goes both ways. The two of you (and maybe you did) should have agreed on a time/place for demo and a time/place for payment/delivery. Any deviation would need to be agreed in advance.

After I left my family for 4th july weekend, and he pulled that 3k bull****, I would have told him either he can buy it now for our agreed price, or don't ever call me ever again.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some how I've heard this story before.Hmmmmmm!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

We had time, place, price, etc all set up. I was also willing to go all the way to NH to meet with a known marine mechanic who I was paying to be there on the test drive to go over boat and identify any problems, since I do not know much about the boat. I really did not want any problems for the buyer. My reputation is simply not worth the aggravation.

As far as the $3k, I thought about having the idiot drive all the way down to MA thinking he was going to get the $3k discount, then telling him to go *&% himself, bashing his head against the hull and sending him back to Canada, but then I would be on his level.

Barron, what do you mean? From this same guy?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by rossi
...... what do you mean? From this same guy?

This dickwad has been around before, sounds like the same old BS to me as well. Search some of his past posts, you'll see what he's made of. Too bad someone didn't pick up on this and forewarn you. He is a real tool!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree! Thats putting it nicely
Old 07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a douchebag.

Last edited by jryan26; 07-15-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Rossi,

Can you email me pictures that you have on your '99 to skopi55 at hotmail.com.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Registered

i had your check ready on my desk.everything was fine as long as what you stated was in order.

you clearly stated that the motors were serviced up to date and needed nothing.

after calling the fellow you said too care of the boat,he pointed to an issue the boat had last year with springs that broke in the head on one motor. he had no time to fix it. the last owner took it to another place and he gave me that name. called that fellow who confirmed the same and said as well that he had told the owner that the 500's need new springs every 200 hrs and that at 300+ hrs, he needed to do all 4 heads. te fellow did not want to spend the $ and did only a patch . so, i told the seller here that is bashing me that hiis boat needed that and there was a certain cost for parts and labor and if he would cover 3k of the repair, i would pay the rest. he turned it down and the deal fell apart.

now, for ll idiots here that are having fun hitting at me, enjoy the story .

for all others, the boat needs both engines taken out, all 4 heads rebuiult with new springs etc...5000-7000 to refresh.
the seller knows this problem with his boat but pretends he doesnt. he is not being thruthfull about what he has to sell. he knows it needs this repair but has been playing stupid bout not knowing anything about big boats.

i ws ready to put my money wwhere my mouth is, all based on your description. maybe you needed to be up front about the boat and it's needs and not play like you have no idea.

and since i told you and confirmed with you al that it needs, i still dont see you letting people know that the motors need to come out. be honest about what you have for sale .

anyone buying this boat needs to know what it needs. the marina people told the owner that he was way past the limit of those springs and that is why one broke.

so now that everyone has the other side of the story, be judges like you always like to be !
Old 07-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Registered

an no , i never offered 20k less . that is bs.

he was at 79k.
i offered 70k if all checked out with his description.

tht is a 9k offer under his asking price.

after the truth came out, i offered to split the repairs with 3 k off the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.