Fountain 25 >

Fountain 25

Notices

Fountain 25

Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain 25

Hey guys need a little info. Lookin at a 1997 fountain 25 the guy says that they only made 15 of these boats. Is that true? 502 with bravo, trim tabs, says it a perfect boat!Im waiting on some pics.Anybody have an idea what this boat is worth? It is 4 or 5 hours from me just need an idea before i get in the truck and go look! Thanks for any info.!
Jason
Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They made a 24cs? and a 25 Fish, the first was a ski boat on steroids, one is forsale in the fountain classifieds (a very nice one) the second was a CC fish boat. In either case I am sure they made more than 15, if you post a picture we can tell you everything.

here is the 24cs
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26343-en.html
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered

Its a cs just like the one in the classifieds. Hes calling it a 25ft.! The one in the classifieds says one of 15 built in 97. Hes asking 22k for it does that sound about right? Dont have pics yet will post as soon as i get them! Would like to have the one in the classifieds just out of my price range!
Thanks Jason
Old 07-16-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jason35
Its a cs just like the one in the classifieds. Hes calling it a 25ft.! The one in the classifieds says one of 15 built in 97. Hes asking 22k for it does that sound about right? Dont have pics yet will post as soon as i get them! Would like to have the one in the classifieds just out of my price range!
Thanks Jason
Possible I think around 115 were built total, so its not as rare as he is making it sound. 22K does sound ike a fair deal, if its the type of boat you want. It will be very fast in calm water, if you get over 2' waves forget it. Just keep in mind you can buy a 27 Fever Fountain for close to that range now, a couple went on here a few months ago for in the 20's and they were nice.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Thanks for the imput BW. Im looking for somethin that will ride good in rough water,tierd of getin the **** beat out of us! Will a 27 ride better in rough water? Man i sure like the looks of them fountians in the water,but need a good ridin boat! Maybe a baja? Hows a 25 baja ride in rough water?
Thanks Jason
Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Longer is better.

Personally, I'd go outboards, seem to be FAR less expensive to maintain.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jason35
Thanks for the imput BW. Im looking for somethin that will ride good in rough water,tierd of getin the **** beat out of us! Will a 27 ride better in rough water? Man i sure like the looks of them fountians in the water,but need a good ridin boat! Maybe a baja? Hows a 25 baja ride in rough water?
Thanks Jason
Well if you through Baja in the mix a 25 Outlaw will ride better than a 27 Fountain, But Fountain is couple mph faster. Bigger will always ride better, but their is always trade offs, usually $$ Depending on where you boat would be a biggie, if you will never see 2' waves it doesn't matter, I am used to boating in 4-6' on fun days, I wouldn't dream of being in a boat smaller than 25' but back when I lived on a lake, a 20' boat was big pimpin.

WILL
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Well if you through Baja in the mix a 25 Outlaw will ride better than a 27 Fountain, But Fountain is couple mph faster. Bigger will always ride better, but their is always trade offs, usually $$ Depending on where you boat would be a biggie, if you will never see 2' waves it doesn't matter, I am used to boating in 4-6' on fun days, I wouldn't dream of being in a boat smaller than 25' but back when I lived on a lake, a 20' boat was big pimpin.

WILL
That's a bold statement...No wonder Reggie said there are people out there that will only buy bajas. Especially since that 27 Fountain rides great up to 72 mph.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 271fountain
That's a bold statement...No wonder Reggie said there are people out there that will only buy bajas. Especially since that 27 Fountain rides great up to 72 mph.
I don't think its so bold for the past 2 years I sold Baja and Fountain, I was the dealer for Virginia Beach.

Two very different designs, 27 has notched transom, shallower V, 25 Outlaw has no notch, deaper V, I still own a 2001 27 Fever and a 2004 25 Outlaw, both at Smith Mountain lake, I enjoy them both.

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 07-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I don't think its so bold for the past 2 years I sold Baja and Fountain, I was the dealer for Virginia Beach.

Two very different designs, 27 has notched transom, shallower V, 25 Outlaw has no notch, deaper V, I still own a 2001 27 Fever and a 2004 25 Outlaw, both at Smith Mountain lake, I enjoy them both.
Quick question Gentlemen . Don't mean to bust your conversation or Pm me if you would please. What is the speed you can reach with your 27 and the 25 with both designs you mentioned. N/A Motor. Supercharged my little roadster and having a blast with that thing and interested in finding out what you can do before SC on something like you have in this foot range. See them on trader and e bay often cheep. Have twin 250's (not stock) OB on my 31 running 24's 70 the goal. 68 now but its there. I"ll find it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.